The Broadcast Film Critics Association (BFCA) has announced the nominees for the 16th annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards. The winners will be announced at the Critics' Choice Movie Awards ceremony on Friday, January 14, 2011 at 9:00 PM ET/PT. This year's event will again take place at the Hollywood Palladium. This is the fourth year in a row that VH1 will broadcast the gala live on the network and the first year the show will also be broadcast internationally.
Black Swan received an unprecedented 12 nominations for the 16th annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards, garnering nods for Best Picture, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Art Direction, Best Editing, Best Costume Design, Best Makeup, Best Sound and Best Score. True Grit and The King's Speech followed close behind with 11 nominations each, while Inception received 10 nominations and The Social Network garnered 9.
Here are the full nominations below:
- Another Year - Mike Leigh
- Black Swan - Mark Heyman and Andres Heinz and John J. McLaughlin
- The Fighter - Scott Silver and Paul Tamasy & Eric Johnson (Story by Keith Dorrington & Paul Tamasy & Eric Johnson)
- Inception - Christopher Nolan
- The Kids Are All Right - Lisa Cholodenko and Stuart Blumberg
- The King's Speech - David Seidler
- "I See the Light" - performed by Mandy Moore & Zachary Levi/written by Alan Menken & Glenn Slater - Tangled
- "If I Rise" - performed by Dido and A.R. Rahman/lyrics by Dido and Roland 'Rollo' Armstrong - 127 Hours
- "Shine" - performed and written by John Legend - Waiting for Superman
- "We Belong Together" - performed and written by Randy Newman - Toy Story 3
- "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me Yet" - performed by Cher/written by Diane Warren - Burlesque