A featurette from Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season provides additional insight into a special scene created specifically for this Blu-ray and DVD release, centering on the relationship between Walter White (Bryan Cranston) and Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul). Producer Michelle McLaren, writers Gordon Smith and Jennifer Carroll talk about this uncensored eight-minute scene that was inserted into the Breaking Bad mid-season finale "Gliding All Over", which shows us how Jesse becomes truly afraid of Walter. Take a look at this video before picking up Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season on Blu-ray and DVD June 4.
Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul return in their Emmy winning roles of meth cooks Walter White and Jesse Pinkman in the fifth explosive season of Breaking Bad. With Gus Fring dead, Walt's transformation from a well-meaning family man to a ruthless drug kingpin is nearly complete. Forming a partnership with Jesse and Mike (Jonathan Banks), Walt proceeds to make a killing until the fruits of his murderous schemes are threatened by a new development in the investigation led by Hank (Dean Norris). Executive produced by Vince Gilligan and Mark Johnson.
Blu-ray Exclusive Special Features Include:
- "Scene by Scene: Directors Discuss Memorable Moments" provides the directors' experience making the show.
- - "The Writers of Breaking Bad" gives the writers a turn to show viewers what it's really like to work together and create amazing scripts.
- "Chicks 'N' Guns" is a scene created and produced exclusively for the home entertainment release. Certain that the DEA dragnet that sent Mike fleeing is about to close around him, Jesse enlists Skinny Pete and a stripper to help him forget his woes...until Saul arrives and gives him something entirely new to fear.
- - Cast & crew commentaries on every episode
- - Deleted scenes
- - Outtakes
- - "Nothing Stops This Train" takes viewers on location to see what a huge undertaking it is to film a modern-day train heist.
- - "The Cleaner: Jonathan Banks as Mike" gives viewers a chance to spend time with fan-favorite Cleaner, Jonathan Banks, as he talks about his time with the show.
- - "Chicks 'N' Guns: Behind-the-Scenes" shows how the scene came to be, going behind the scenes with Aaron Paul and Bob Odenkirk as it's filmed.
- - "Writers' Room Timelapse" takes viewers through the entire breaking of episode "Fifty-One" with commentary from the writers.
- - Laura Fraser & Jesse Plemons audition footage
- - Prison stunt rehearsal footage
- - "Gallery 1988 Art Show" features artwork inspired by the show
- - "Chris Hardwick's All-Star Celebrity Bowling" features team Breaking Bad going head to head with team Nerdist to raise money for charity.
- - Inside Breaking Bad: 19 episodes that give a behind-the-scenes look of what it takes to create an episode