Captain America: The First Avenger production designer Rick Heinrichs recently spilled some juicy plot details about the highly-anticipated superhero adventure Captain America: The First Avenger, which arrives in theaters July 22. You can take a look at some of this new information below, but beware that there are SPOILERS within, so read on at your own risk:
- Captain America: The First Avenger takes place between the years 1939 and 1945, although the beginning and ending of the movie are both set in present day.
- - The first scene shows a team discovering a fighter plane buried underneath the Arctic. We then flash back to an attack of a Norwegian village with Skull searching for an object.
- - Chris Evans' Steve Rogers is said to be a "puny" man in Brooklyn who is constantly tormented by street thugs.
- - Tony Stark's father, Howard Stark, appears at an exhibit in New York that Steve Rogers and his friend Bucky Barnes visit. Howard Stark will also create the shield for Captain America.
- - A sequel to Captain America: The First Avenger may feature more of an equal mixture to the past and present story lines