Columbia Pictures is bringing their new video game comedy Pixels to Comic-Con 2014 with the Electric Dreams Arcade. There, fans can compete against each other by playing classic 80s video games to win exciting prizes, including walk-on roles in the actual movie, where they will appear alongside stars Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Josh Gad, and Peter Dinklage, who shows up in character in a new SDCC viral video for the arcade. Check out the video, then read on for details about this contest.
Each day, the top-five scorers on the leaderboard by the end of the day on any of the eight participating games will be automatically entered in two drawings: a daily prize drawing for a chance to win a PlayStation 4, and the grand prize drawing for a chance to appear in a walk-on role in Pixels. Official Rules and restrictions are available on-site at the Electric Dreams Factory arcade at the Hard Rock Hotel (209 5th Avenue, San Diego).
- Choose from 8 awesome '80s arcade games
- - Get 3 tokens per entry to play any 3 games of your choice
- - Must have a Comic-Con badge to enter and play in the arcade
- - Must be 13+ to enter
- - Play again by re-entering the arcade for more tokens
- - Call for an attendant if you earn a top 5 score on any of the eight participating games
- - Open to U.S. and Canadian residents (void in Quebec)
- - No duplicate daily prize winner
CLICK HERE to learn more about the Electric Dreams Factory arcade at Comic-Con.
When aliens misinterpret video-feeds of classic arcade games as a declaration of war against them, they attack the Earth, using the games as models for their various assaults. President Will Cooper has to call on his childhood best friend, '80s video game champion Sam Brenner, now a home theater installer, to lead a team of old-school arcaders to defeat the aliens and save the planet.