Last month, a report surfaced that NBC canceled Constantine, although executive producer Daniel Cerone revealed shortly thereafter that it was still in contention for a Season 2 renewal. Today, NBC officially canceled Constantine, but there is still hope for fans wanting a second season. Daniel Cerone took to his Twitter page yet again earlier today, where he told fans that Warner Bros. Television is working on finding the show a new home.
Constantine averaged just 3.34 million viewers per episode throughout its 13-episode run, although the show debuted a bit higher with 4.2 million viewers in late October. While those numbers are nowhere near what a network like NBC is looking for, they would be fantastic ratings for a network like The CW or any number of cable networks. There were rumors at one time that NBC was considering moving Constantine to Syfy, which is also owned by NBCUniversal, but that never happened.
Constantine stars Matt Ryan as John Constantine, with a supporting cast that includes Harold Perrineau, Angélica Celaya, Charles Halford, Michael James Shaw, Jonjo O'Neill, Jeremy Davies, Claire van der Boom, Emmet Scanlan and Jose Pablo Cantillo. If you want to help Constantine find a new home, Daniel Cerone said that all of the first season episodes are still available on streaming platforms, and the more people who watch will help the show's chances of getting Season 2. Take a look at Daniel Cerone's tweets below.
Thanks to @NBC for Season 1. Got a nice call from the powers there. We were considered but they feel they had a strong development season.— Daniel Cerone (@DanielVCerone) May 8, 2015