Wanted is coming to DVD and Blu-ray on December 2 and we just have to celebrate this new release. We have another contest running here and we're giving away copies of this new DVD to our readers. You know these explosive discs will surely go fast, so enter this contest today.
- Wanted 2-Disc Special Edition DVD
Related: GIVEAWAY: Win Selma on Blu-ray
CLICK HERE to enter this brand new giveaway today.
Night Watch director Timur Bekmambetov helms his first English-language feature film with this big-screen adaptation of Mark Millar's action-packed graphic novel. Wesley Gibson (James McAvoy) is a cube-dwelling hypochondriac whose uneventful life has become a mundane blur of terminal boredom. Repeatedly humiliated by his boss and constantly cuckolded by his cheating girlfriend, weakling Wes seems to be living right down to everyone's expectations that he would never amount to anything in life. However, upon discovering that the father he never knew has been brutally murdered, the spineless, clock-punching pushover is recruited into a secret society of assassins known as the Fraternity. During the course of his training, the man who was once an office-bound wimp develops lightning-fast reflexes and superhuman dexterity courtesy of his skilled mentor Fox (Angelina Jolie). Upon completing his training, Wes is assigned the task of dealing out death to the mythological Fates, who possess the ability to alter the lifelines of mortal men. It isn't long before the nebbish nerd-turned-agile assassin is erasing the bad guys with surprising efficiency, yet as Wes begins to carry the mantle passed down to him by his father, he gradually begins to suspect that his wise tutors are not the crime-fighting enforcers they present themselves to be. Now, with everything he ever wanted in life finally within his grasp, Wes is about to find out that the only thing more difficult than ending the lives of others is summoning the courage to take control of his own.
- Extended Scene - Be the first to view this killer extended scene from Wanted.
- Cast and Characters - Go behind the scenes with Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Thomas Kretschmann and Common as they discuss their roles in the film and their experiences on set.
- Stunts on the L Train - Stunt coordinators Nick Gillard and Mic Rodgers explain how cast members Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy performed the astounding elevated train stunt sequence.
- Special Effects: The Art of the Impossible - Special effects supervisor Dominic Tuohy explains how his team pulled off the stunning special effects throughout the film and how Angelina Jolie contributed to the action.
- Groundbreaking Visual Effects: From Imagination to Execution - A look at how the spectacular visual effects in the film were pre-visualized and executed.
- The Origins of Wanted: Bringing the Graphic Novel to Life - Creator Mark Millar, producer Marc Platt, director Timur Bekmambetov and screenwriters Michael Brandt, Derek Haas and Chris Morgan discuss the original graphic novel and the process of adapting it for the big screen.
- Through the Eyes of Visionary Director Timur Bekmambetov - A video portrait of director Timur Bekmambetov, featuring interviews with Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Common, producer Marc Platt and the director himself.
- Wanted: Motion Comics - Watch as the graphic novel comes to life on screen with narration and sound effects.
- The Making of Wanted: The Game
"The Little Things" Music Video Mash-Up (DVD exclusive, not on the Blu-ray)
The following features are Blu-ray exclusive:
- Alternate Opening - View this exclusive alternate opening, only on Blu-ray Hi-Def.
- Exclusive U-Control: Universal's exclusive signature feature U-Control allows viewers to delve into the making of the film with the click of the remote without ever leaving the movie.
- Wanted: Motion Comics: See how the graphic novel compares to the movie in this real-time, side-by-side BD exclusive.
- Scene Explorer: Explore the onscreen action from up to three different perspectives in this multi-angle feature.
- Assassins Profile: Get the high-tech low-down on each assassin's strengths, weapons, and position with your own in-movie surveillance system.
- Picture in Picture: Access cast and crew interviews and behind-the-scenes moments while you watch the film.
- BD-Live - The new technology that allows viewers to connect to the Internet and access new exciting exclusive online and interactive features.
- My Chat: Using your internet-connected player, host a text chat with your friends who also own Wanted on Blu-ray™ Hi-Def while you watch the movie in synchronization!
- My Wanted Commentary: Connect and Create. Ever wish you could create your own play-by-play movie commentary to share with friends? Here's your chance.