On October 10, the master returns as Robert Altman's A Prairie Home Companion comes to DVD! To celebrate we are giving away some copies to a few lucky people!
CLICK HERE to enter our contest!
Related: GIVEAWAY: Win Selma on Blu-ray
Acclaimed filmmaker Robert Altman (Short Cuts, Nashville) brings National Public Radio stalwart Garrison Keillor's long-running radio program to vivid life on the big screen in a intricately woven backstage fable centering on the final performance of a fictionalized version of his variety show. As if the result of some strange mass-media fluke, the popular radio program A Prairie Home Companion somehow managed to survive the television age to entertain its audience every Saturday night from the stage of the historic Fitzgerald Theater in St. Paul, MN.
Week after week, hangdog host Garrison Keillor serves as unflappable emcee to an amiable hodgepodge of radio-friendly acts that include the likes of popular country duo Yolanda and Rhonda Johnson (Meryl Streep and Lily Tomlin) and singing cowboys the Old Trailhands (Woody Harrelson and John C. Reilly). This is one show where the under-the-line antics are nearly as entertaining as the program itself, though, and in between the efforts of down-on-his-luck private dick and backstage doorkeeper Guy Noir (Kevin Kline) to discover the true identity of a mysterious blonde (Virginia Madsen) and aspiring teen singer Lola (Lindsay Lohan) to find her true voice before a live audience, there's still plenty of fun and mystery to be had at the old Fitzgerald before the final curtain falls on A Prairie Home Companion.
A Prairie Home Companion comes to DVD October 10 from New Line Home Entertainment.
- Audio commentary with director Robert Altman and star Kevin Kline
- Deleted scenes with optional commentary
- Come Play With Us: A Feature Companion behind-the-scenes featurette
- Onstage at the Fitzgerald: A Music Companion (with extended music performances and advertisement segments)
- Soundtrack preview that jumps to songs in the film
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 - Anamorphic Widescreen
- Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 Stereo Surround tracks
Dont't forget to also check out: A Prairie Home Companion