September 12 sees the groundbreaking TV show Black. White. come to DVD! To celebrate we are giving away some copies to a few lucky people.
CLICK HERE to enter our contest!
What is it like to live in someone else's skin? Find out by watching this fascinating series in which the African-American Sparks family (Brian, Renee and 16-year-old Nick) trades places with the Caucasian Wurgel family (Bruno, Carmen and 17-year-old Rose) thanks to an incredible visual transformation created by Hollywood make-up artists. The two families agree to share a home for the duration of a six-week social experiment that will challenge their beliefs and core values in ways they could have never imagined. Their unscripted experiences are often explosive, always intriguing and ultimately insightful - resulting in a totally unique cultural perspective that's anything but black-and-white!
From Emmy®-winning producer R.J. Cutler* ("The War Room") and hip hop legend Ice Cube (Boyz N The Hood) comes Black. White., the provocative and insightful six-episode docudrama that redefined reality television. Arriving on DVD September 12 from Fox Home Entertainment, this groundbreaking series set the nation abuzz when two families - through the use of extensive makeup - trade races for six weeks.
While three members of the Caucasian Wurgel family appeared black and three members of the African-American Sparks family appeared white, the ensuing sociological (and cosmetological) experiment was anything but black-and-white: finally answering the question, "What is it like to live in someone else's skin?" Ranking as the highest-rated unscripted series to ever premier on cable, this critically acclaimed show arrives on DVD laden with extras, including Ice Cube's Black. White. music video, a behind-the-scenes featurette on Black. White. makeup application, audio commentary by producers and cast, an educational DVD-ROM study guide created by University of California Santa Barbara race relations expert Dr. Howard Winant and much more. The two-disc set will be available to own for $26.98 US/$37.98 Canada.
- Episode One with commentary by Executive Producer R.J. Cutler, Brian Sparks and Bruno Wurgel
- Episode Two with commentary by Executive Producer R.J. Cutler, Carmen -Wurgel and Renee Sparks
- Episode Three with commentary by Executive Producer R.J. Cutler, Rose Wurgel and Nick Sparks
- "Black. White." Makeup Application Featurette
- The Wurgels Original Casting Video
- The Sparks Original Casting Video
- Study Guide DVD-ROM
- Episode Four with commentary by Executive Producer R.J. Cutler, Producer/Makeup Effects Creator Keith Vanderlaan and Special Effects Makeup Designer Brian Sipe
- Episode Five with commentary by Executive Producer R.J. Cutler, Co-Executive Producer Keith Hoffman and Editors Poppy Das, Greg Finton, Andy Robertson and Yaffa Lerea
- Episode Six with commentary by Executive Producer R.J. Cutler and Co-Executive Producer Keith Hoffman
- Rose's Poetry Slam
- Ice Cube's "Black.White." Video
- Study Guide DVD-ROM
- U.S. Rating: NR
- Run Time: 272 minutes
- CC: Yes
- Aspect Ratio - 1:33:1
- Audio: English Stereo Sound