Once in a while a TV show comes along that rises to the level of art. Hill Street Blues certainly falls into that category, and to celebrate it's arrival on DVD we are giving away copies of Hill Street Blues: Season 2.
CLICK HERE to visit Hill Street Stationand enter our contest!
A gritty, realistic view of inner-city cops. Each episode charted "a day in the life" on the hill, a crime-infested, racially-torn ghetto, seen from the point of view of many characters, from traffic cops to the captain of the precinct.
The critically-acclaimed series that changed the face of television drama hits the streets once again when creator Steven Bochco's Hill Street Blues: Season 2 debuts on DVD May 16, 2006 from Fox Home Entertainment. Celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year, Hill Street Blues defied the conventional cop drama, using quality storytelling and pseudo-documentary style to narrate the day-to-day happenings of an inner-city police precinct, all the while facing street crime, racism, drug abuse and gang violence head on.
Created by Steven Bochco ("Murder One," "NYPD Blue") and Michael Kozoll, and featuring an ensemble cast including Daniel J. Travanti, Veronica Hamel, Bruce Weitz, Charles Haid, Betty Thomas and James Sikking, each episode chronicled a day-in-the-life of the cops on the beat, starting with the infamous morning roll call and ending with a recap of the day's events. The first hard-hitting series of its kind, Hill Street Blues garnered 26 Emmy® Awards - including four for Outstanding Drama - won two Golden Globes®, and is credited with inspiring beloved dramas such as "St. Elsewhere," "Law & Order" and "NYPD Blue."
The three-disc set includes all 18 episodes from the second season, as well as select episode commentaries, a featurette and gag reel. Hill Street Blues: Season 2 is available for the suggested retail price of $39.98 U.S. Prebook is April 19, 2006.
DVD Episodes and Special Features:
Disc 1 - Side A
- "Hearts and Minds" and Promo
- "Blood Money" and Promo
- "The Last White Man On East Ferry Avenue" and Promo
- Gregory Hoblit: The "Hill Street Blues" Story
Disc 1 - Side B
- "Fruits of the Poisonous Tree" and Promo
- "Cranky Streets" and Promo
- Profile: Bruce Weitz on Mick Belker
Disc 2 - Side A
- "Chipped Beef" and Promo
- "The World According to Freedom" and Promo
- Includes commentary by Charles Haid, Bruce Weitz and Dennis Dugan
- "Pestolozzi's Revenge" and Promo
- "The Spy Who Came in From Delgado" and Promo
- Featurette: Confessions of Captain Freedom
Disc 2 - Side B
- "Freedom's Last Stand" and Promo
- Includes commentary by Executive Story Consultant and Writer Robert Crais
- "Of Mouse and Man" and Promo
Disc 3 - Side A
- "Zen and the Art of Law Enforcement" and Promo
- "The Young, the Beautiful, and the Degraded" and Promo
- "Some Like It Hot-Wired" and Promo
- "Personal Foul" and Promo
- Profile: Charles Haid on Andy Renko
Disc 3 - Side B
- "Shooter" and Promo
- "Invasion of the Third World Body Snatchers" and Promo
- Gag Reel
- Aspect Ratio: 1:33:1
- Audio: English, Spanish and French mono.
- Rating: NR
- Run Time: 900 minutes
- CC: Yes