August 7 is going to be a day to remember as 8 Simple Rules: The Complete First Season makes its DVD debut! In the spirit of the great and giving John Ritter, we are giving away some copies of this release to our users.
- 8 Simple Rules: The Complete First Season DVD Set
Related: Win Selma on Blu-ray
CLICK HERE to enter our contest!
The entire family will roll over with laughter when 8 Simple Rules: The Complete First Season comes to DVD on August 7th, from Buena Vista Home Entertainment.
The three-disc box set holds all 28 episodes featuring star John Ritter plus never-before-seen comedic moments with John and the cast from the 2002 season of the Emmy Award-winning sitcom.
TV hall-of-famer John Ritter plays sportswriter Paul Hennessey, a father who lives by 8 Simple Rules, or better yet, one golden law: keep your hands off teenage daughters Bridget (Kaley Cuoco - Charmed), the boy-crazy one, and the moody and artistic Kerry (Amy Davidson - Malcolm in the Middle).
Paul's wife Cate (Katey Sagal) fully supports Paul's mission, but her nursing career eats up much of her time, leaving dad to play a more active role. Luckily for the already overburdened Paul, there's "The Boy," a.k.a., teen son Rory (Martin Spanjers - Max Keeble's Big Move), to lend wisecracks and mischief.
John Ritter was one of Hollywood's most treasured stars. The son of legendary country crooner Tex Ritter, Ritter ascended to stardom in the 1970s with his 1984 Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning portrayal of every-bachelor Jack Tripper in the classic sitcom Three's Company. Ritter tackled a variety of memorable roles including a turn as a bumbling dad in the G-rated Problem Child franchise, San Franciscan cop in the Steven Bochco-created Hooperman, and a critically acclaimed role in the indie flick Sling Blade.
Honors for 8 Simple Rules include a 2004 cinematography Emmy, a 2003 People's Choice Award for Best New Comedy as well as a pair of 2003 Teen Choice Awards: Best Breakout Show and Breakout Actress (Kaley Cuoco).
Inspired by W. Bruce Cameron's book 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter and broadcast on ABC-TV from 2002 to 2005, 8 Simple Rules was created by veteran television scribe Tracy Gamble (According to Jim).
1. Use your hands on my daughter and you'll lose them after.
2. You make her cry, I make you cry.
3. Safe sex is a myth. Anything you try will be hazardous to your health.
4. Bring her home late, there's no next date.
5. Only delivery men honk. Dates ring the doorbell. Once.
6. No complaining while you're waiting for her. If you're bored, change my oil.
7. If your pants hang off your hips, I'll gladly secure them with my staple gun.
8. Dates must be in crowded public place. You want romance? Read a book.
- Never-before-seen comedic moments with John Ritter and the cast from the 2002 season of the Emmy Award-winning sitcom.
- Run Time: 601 Minutes
- Rating: TV-PG DL
- Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
- Audio: 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound
- Languages: English, French