August 29 is going to be a bittersweet day as Arrested Development: Season 3 comes to DVD. To commemorate this event, we are giving away copies of this two disc set.
CLICK HERE to enter our contest!
Related: GIVEAWAY: Win Selma on Blu-ray
In this Emmy-winning comedy's hilarious third season, Michael Bluth finally realizes that it's his Uncle Oscar serving time in prison, not his father. Reluctant to spring Oscar due to the effect it may have on the family business, Michael decides that the only fair thing to do is to find his father and place him under house arrest. Yet once found, George Sr. insists he was tricked into working with the Iraqis, leaving Michael no choice but to investigate his father's outrageous claim. But it isn't until Michael and Buster go to Iraq on a rescue mission to save Gob that the depth of the devious plot is revealed-and Michael learns which family member is the real brains behind all the madness.
Named one of the best shows on television by Entertainment Weekly, executive producer Ron Howard and creator Mitch Hurwitz's critically-acclaimed series about the weird and wacky Bluth family returns for its third (and final) uproarious season when the Arrested Development: Season 3 DVD collection debuts on August 29, 2006 from Fox Home Entertainment. Emmy Award® winner for Outstanding Comedy Series, Arrested Development has attracted a cult following of die-hard fans with its uniquely witty characters and outrageously funny storylines.
The show's third season features a cavalcade of special guest stars including Academy Award®-winner Charlize Theron*, Ben Stiller, Andy Richter, Scott Baio, Richard Belzer, Andy Dick, John Larroquette and Justine Bateman as the Bluth siblings' long-lost sister, Nellie. Packed with eccentric programming stunts, insanely clever plot twists and ingenious casting, the third season delivers sublimely ridiculous fun. Despite attracting over 4 million viewers each week, the fan-favorite series was recently cancelled by Fox Broadcasting Corp., though its loyal fan base has continued to grow with each DVD release and audiences are increasingly committed to the S.O.B. movement - to Save Our Bluths!
The Arrested Development: Season 3 DVD includes all 13 episodes from the season plus bonus features including cast commentaries, deleted/extended scenes, blooper reel, behind-the-scenes featurette and more. The two-disc set will be available for the suggested retail price of $29.98 U.S. / $37.98 Canada.
- THE CABIN SHOW - When Michael realizes that Oscar, not George Sr., is serving time in prison, he sets off to find his father while also trying to find time to reconnect with George-Michael.
- FOR BRITISH EYES ONLY - Michael falls for a British woman while investigating an outrageous claim by George, Sr. in which he says a British construction firm tricked him into doing business with the Iraqis.
- FORGET ME NOW - The family's new attorney works on George Sr.'s defense even as George Sr. plans his escape and Michael tries to destroy all evidence that his family exists.
- NOTAPUSSY - Michael volunteers to participate in the father-son triathlon with Gob's son, while George Sr. mistakenly delivers a "Scared Straight" lecture to a gathering of gay men.
- MR. F - Gob tries to trick the company's Japanese investors when they come to visit, but Tobias ruins everything after he mistakes a CIA agent for a talent agent from CAA.
- THE OCEAN WALKER - When Michael decides to marry his new British girlfriend, Rita, his family scoff's at the idea-until they find out she's worth millions of dollars.
- PRISON BREAK-IN - Michael is worried when he finds out that the prison warden is dating his mother and that the Bluth Foundation dinner is being held in the prison's new wing.
DVD Features (Disc One):
- Audio commentary on episodes "Forget Me Now" and "Mr. F" with series creator Mitchell Hurwitz and actors Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, Portia de Rossi, Jessica Walter, David Cross, Tony Hale, Michael Cera and Alia Shawkat.
- 9 Deleted & Extended Scenes
- MAKING A STAND - Tired that his father has once again found a way to pit Gob and him against each other, Michael decides to teach his father a lesson.
- S.O.B.s - In order to get enough money to hire a new family lawyer, everyone has to pitch in and get a job in preparation of the upcoming company fundraiser, aptly named "Save Our Bluths."
- FAKIN' IT - Although George Sr. finally gets a new lawyer, Michael worries when he hears news of a surprise witness and Buster pretends he's in a coma so he doesn't have to testify.
- FAMILY TIES - Michael hires a woman who turns out to be his long-lost sister, Nellie, and who may be just what the company needs.
- EXIT STRATEGY - George-Michael's surprise birthday party for Maeby gets her in big trouble, and Michael and Buster make a startling discovery when they go to Iraq to rescue Gob.
- DEVELOPMENT ARRESTED - Michael is relieved to have all the charges against his father dropped and is also shocked to learn who holds the real power in his dysfunctional family.
DVD Features (Disc Two):
- Audio commentary on "Development Arrested" with series creator Mitchell Hurwitz and actors Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, Portia de Rossi, Jessica Walter, David Cross, Tony Hale, Michael Cera and Alia Shawkat
- 10 Deleted & Extended Scenes
- Season 3 Blooper Reel
- "The Last Day On Location" Behind the Scenes Featurette
- Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 - Full Screen
- Audio: English Dolby Surround.
- Run Time: 286 minutes
- U.S. Rating: NR
- Canadian Rating: NA
- Closed Captioned: Yes