To celebrate the highly anticipated July 25 release of the Beastie Boys concert Awesome; I F*#kin' Shot That!, we are proudly giving away copies of this DVD!
CLICK HERE to enter this contest!
The first white rap group of any significance, the Beastie Boys' musical career spans two decades with overwhelming commercial success.
Most recently, the band released "Solid Gold Hits" in November 2005 from Capitol Records. Adam Yauch (a.k.a. Nathanial Hörnblowér a.k.a. MCA of the Beastie Boys) is fresh off a retrospective of his music videos at New York's American Museum of the Moving Image. He is also a past recipient of the Video Vanguard lifetime achievement honor at the MTV Video Music Awards.
The first-ever Beastie Boys concert music DVD and 2006 Sundance Film Festival smash hit Awesome; I F*#kin' Shot That! debuts July 25, 2006 from THINKFilm. Directed by band member Adam Yauch (credited as his nom-de-film Nathanial Hörnblowér), the groundbreaking music DVD from the iconic multi-platinum band, whose top-of-the charts success spans 20 years, is the first of its kind in the music DVD genre: a feature-length film shot by fans for fans. Available for $29.99 SRP, the DVD has a pre-order date of June 29, 2006.
On October 9, 2004 in Madison Square Gardens in New York City, The Beastie Boys handed out 50 cameras to audience members at their sold-out performance. These 50 different, passionate perspectives, shot from the point-of-view of the audience, take the viewer deep inside the world of a live Beastie Boys show, prismatically and kinetically capturing the experience of a live musical performance like no other film.
"One of the things that we love about this film is the fact it is so edgy and thoroughly modern," says Jeff Sackman, President THINKFilm. "We believe that this DVD will give anyone who loves music a reason to remember why it is they love concerts."
"There are an incredible amount of innovative features on this DVD," says Marc Hirshberg, SVP THINKFilm. "Yauch is a recognized innovator, and his dogged determination to push the boundaries of the medium really takes the DVD to an entirely different level. This DVD experience is going to blow even the biggest Beastie Boys fan away."
"The DVD has given us a great opportunity to present the footage that didn't make it into the final cut of the film" said Yauch, chief electro-mechanical engineer at Oscilloscope Laboratories. "It's been interesting to build grids of outtake footage, and watch the way the different perspectives play out simultaneously."
- Full-length Alternate Angle of Multi-Camera Grids - Watch the film from the perspective of many cameras at once
- A Cappella Vocal Tracks - Listen to the complete concert with the sound from MCA, Adrock and Mike D's mic's only
- Special "Hidden Detours" Feature - Watch the film with the option of taking detours throughout the concert with some of the camera operators
- Band Commentary
- Oh yeah, and the movie trailer with the cool Hollywood voice-over
- Short Film "A Day in the Life Of Nathanial Hörnblowér," starring comedian David Cross (Arrested Development)
- World Tour Intros and Shout Outs
- Run Time: Approx. 88 mins.
- Genre: Documentary/Concert Music DVD
- Rating: R
- Rating Reason: Language
- Audio: 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround/ 2.0 Stereo
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Anamorphic
- Language: English
- CC: Yes
CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO CLIPS FROM THIS DVD RELEASE!
Dont't forget to also check out: Awesome: I F***in' Shot That