On March 27 Children of Men comes to DVD stores everywhere! To celebrate this release we are giving away copies of it!
- Children of Men DVD
CLICK HERE to enter our contest!
No children. No future. No hope.
In the year 2027, eighteen years since the last baby was born, disillusioned Theo (Clive Owen) becomes an unlikely champion of the human race when he is asked by his former lover (Julianne Moore) to escort a young pregnant woman out of the country as quickly as possible. In a thrilling race against time, Theo will risk everything to deliver the miracle the whole world has been waiting for. Co-starring Michael Caine, filmmaker Alfonso Cuaron's Children of Men is the powerful film Pete Hammond of Maxim calls "magnificent...a unique and totally original vision."
The critically acclaimed, multi-Oscar®-nominated Children of Men, a riveting action thriller of astonishing power and impact set against a backdrop of deception and suspense, comes to DVD and HD-DVD on March 27, 2007 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Award-winning director Alfonso Cuarón's (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) powerful depiction of a world threatened by extinction stars Academy Award® nominees Clive Owen (Inside Man) and Julianne Moore (The Forgotten). The supporting cast includes Academy Award® winner Sir Michael Caine (The Prestige), Chiwetel Ejiofor (Inside Man) and Charlie Hunnam (Cold Mountain). With a dazzling array of exclusive bonus features that takes viewers deep inside its fascinating and explosive world, the Children of Men DVD is priced at $29.98 SRP. Pre-order close is February 20, 2007.
Adapted from the novel by P.D James, Children of Men brilliantly imagines London in 2027, a world in which humankind has lost the ability to reproduce and one man is asked to risk everything for the survival of the human race. Theo Faron (Clive Owen) believes his activist days are behind him until he is asked to take on a dangerous mission that may save the future of the human race. Children of Men also stars Julianne Moore as the leader of the underground opposition group that enlists Theo's help, as well as veteran actor Michael Caine in a witty and wily portrayal of a lapsed idealist trapped in a nightmarish world.
Critics agree Children of Men is an extraordinary film. Scott Mantz of "Access Hollywood" declares Children of Men as "Powerful, provocative and absolutely brilliant!" The film is packed with "Exhilarating action" according to Peter Travers of Rolling Stone. It is "Magnificent...a unique and totally original vision" says Pete Hammond, Maxim.
Cast and Filmmakers:
Director: Alfonso Cuarón
Written By: Alfonso Cuarón, Timothy J. Sexton, David Arata, Mark Fergus, Hawk Ostby
Children of MenDVD and HD-DVD Features:
- Deleted Scenes
- Possibility of Hope - A chilling documentary features the world's leading futurists and philosophers examining social and economic shifts that find expression in Children of Men.
- Theo and Julian - In exclusive on-set interviews, actors Clive Owen and Julianne Moore offer up insights and secrets about the complex and compelling characters they have created in Children of Men.
- Futuristic Designs - Director Alfonso Cuarón created an original and dynamic vision of the future for this film. Follow his vision as it goes from concept to seething cinematic life in this featurette.
- Visual Effects: Creating the Baby - Uncover the incredible visual effects used to create a life-like baby in the film.
- Men Under Attack - Children of Men features amazingly realistic scenes of the chaos and violence and groundbreaking, Oscar®-nominated cinematography by Emmanuel Lubezki, called by Rolling Stone's Peter Travers "a weaver of visual miracles." This mini-documentary breaks down two of the most terrifying scenes in the film - the café explosion and a car under violent attack from all sides - to show how the filmmakers created sequences in which "You don't just watch the scene, you live inside it, ducking each fresh, ferocious assault."
- The HD-DVD version of Children of Men will also feature U-CONTROL, Picture in Picture and Ads & Propaganda
- Run Time: 1 Hour 50 Minutes
- Layers: Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
- Rating: R
- Audio: English, Spanish, French Dolby Digital 5.1
- Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French
Dont't forget to also check out: Children of Men