On March 6 you will change your eating habits when Fast Food Nation arrives on DVD! To help you buy some more expensive (but healthier) food, we are giving away some copies of this DVD.
- Fast Food Nation DVD
CLICK HERE to enter our contest!
Inspired by the bestseller that revealed the unpleasant truths behind America's fast food industry, Fast Food Nation combines an all-star ensemble cast lead by Greg Kinnear, Wilmer Valderrama and Catalina Sandino Moreno with riveting, interlocked human stories to serve up "a firecracker of a movie that jumps off the screen" (Rolling Stone). When a marketing executive (Kinnear) for the Mickey's burger chain is told there's a nasty secret ingredient in his latest culinary creation - "The Big One" - he heads for the ranches and slaughterhouses of Colorado to investigate. . . but discovers the truth a bit difficult to swallow.
For the millions of Americans who subscribe to the old adage "you are what you eat," the truth will be hard to swallow when Fast Food Nation arrives on DVD March 6 from Fox Home Entertainment. Exposing the dark side of the fast food industry through a series of captivating and connected human stories, Fast Food Nation takes an unflinching look at the classic "all-American meal." Inspired by Eric Schlosser's best-selling novel, Fast Food Nation is a "sly and provocative" (Rolling Stone) film from acclaimed director Richard Linklater (A Scanner Darkly, School of Rock). Featuring a super-sized, ensemble cast of top Hollywood talent, including Greg Kinnear (Little Miss Sunshine), Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show), Catalina Sandino Moreno (Maria Full of Grace), music sensation Avril Lavigne, Patricia Arquette (Medium), Ethan Hawke (Training Day) and Kris Kristofferson (Blade), Fast Food Nation is "sincerely engaging with topics of undeniable import" (Esquire). This revelatory DVD includes commentary by Linklater and Schlosser, a "Manufacturing Fast Food Nation" featurette and four animated shorts. Fast Food Nation is available for the suggested retail price of $27.98 U.S./$43.48 Canada.
- Audio commentary by Director Richard Linklater and Writer Eric Schlosser
- An in-depth "Manufacturing Fast Food Nation" documentary featurette and a series of flash animation shorts from "The Meatrix" series including "The Meatrix," "The Meatrix II," and "The Meatrix II." "The Meatrix," a humorous spin off of the motion picture The Matrix, quickly became an online sensation educating viewers on ways to support smaller, sustainable farms. Mirroring many of the themes in Fast Food Nation, "The Meatrix" Animation Shorts offer an amusing yet sobering looking behind the barn door.
- "The Backwards Hamburger Flash Animation Short"
- Photo Gallery
- Rating: R
- Run Time: 114 minutes
- CC: Yes
- Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1
- Subtitles: English, French and Spanish
Dont't forget to also check out: Fast Food Nation