In anticipation of of this week's release of the first season of Fox's hit drama series, Prison Break, MovieWeb is giving away copies of the DVD set to some lucky readers of the site!
CLICK HERE to enter our contest today!
Desperate times call for desperate measures. With his brother wrongly incarcerated and sentenced to death, structural engineer Michael Scofield does the unthinkable: breaking IN to prison in the hope of staging an impossible rescue. Filled with taut drama, hope, elaborate deceptions and fraternal camaraderie, Prison Break Season One escapes onto DVD August 8 from Fox Home Entertainment. The top ranked new drama of the 2005 - 2006 season and leader in its time slot, Prison Break features break out performances from relative newcomers Wentworth Miller ("Human Stain", "Underworld") and Dominic Purcell ("John Doe", "Blade: Trinity") as the two brothers, as well Robin Tunney (End Of Days, The Craft) and Peter Stormare (Constantine, Minority Report). Featuring the entire 22-episode first season, including the heart-pounding pilot directed by Brett Ratner (X-Men: The Last Stand), the six-disc Prison Break DVD box set boasts audio commentaries and featurettes, taking audiences far behind the walls of Fox River State Penitentiary with behind-the-scenes footage and an Inside Look into the thrilling second season of the Scofields' quest for redemption. Prison Break The Complete First Season will be available to own for $59.98 US/$89.98 Canada.
Related: GIVEAWAY: Win Selma on Blu-ray
Most men would do anything to get out of Fox River Penitentiary, but Michael Scofield will do anything to get in. His brother Lincoln has been sentenced to die for a crime he did not commit, and the only way to save him is from the inside out. Armed with prison blueprints and an impossibly intricate escape plan, Michael gets himself incarcerated, and the race against time is on. Now, he'll need all of the cunning, daring, and luck he can muster - along with the assistance of some of the prison's most vile and dangerous felons.
Prison Break Season One DVD Special Features And Disc Content Specifics:
Prison Break episodes are compiled on six discs and includes English Dolby Digital 5.1 audio with Spanish subtitles, and is presented in a widescreen aspect ratio. In addition, the following episodes and special features are exclusive to each disc:
- Audio commentary #1: Paul Scheuring and Dominic Purcell
- Audio commentary #2: Brett Ratner and Mark Helfrich
- 'Cell Test'
- 'Cute Poison'
- Audio commentary #1: Paul Scheuring, Dominic Purcell and Wade Williams
- Audio commentary #2: Matt Olmstead and Silas Weir Mitchell
- Two Alternate Scenes
- 'English, Fritz or Percy'
- 'Riots, Drills and the Devil - Part I'
- Audio commentary #1: Paul Scheuring, Dominic Purcell, Robert Knepper, Sarah Wayne Callies, Amaury Nolasco and Wade Williams
- Audio commentary #2: Nick Santora and Bob Mandel
- 'Riots, Drills and the Devil - Part II'
- Audio commentary: Paul Scheuring, Dominic Purcell, Wade Williams, Amaury Nolasco and Peter Stormare
- 'The Old Head'
- 'Sleight Of Hand'
- 'And Then There Were Seven'
- 'Odd Man Out'
- Audio commentary: Garry Brown, Karyn Usher and Bobby Roth
- 'End Of The Tunnel'
- 'The Rat'
- 'By The Skin And The Teeth'
- 'Brother's Keeper'
- Audio commentary #1: Paul Scheuring, Robert Knepper, Sarah Wayne Callies, Amaury Nolasco and Wade Williams
- Audio commentary #2: Greg Yaitenes and Zach Estrin
- 'The Key'
- If These Walls Could Talk: Profile Of The Joliet Correctional Center featurette
- Beyond The Ink featurette
- Inside Look: 'Prison Break - Manhunt'