Repair for adventure with Robots, the $130 million box office sensation from the makers of Ice Age, and get in gear for a souped-up, fully loaded DVD and VHS release on September 27, 2005 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (TCFHE). Greased with a tool chest of promotional partnerships from the nation's top brands, and a hard media plan in excess of $20 million, Robots will hit retail in force and is destined to become a top-selling title of the year. Featuring an all-star cast of voice talent including Ewan McGregor (Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith), Robin Williams (Aladdin), Halle Berry (X-Men, Die Another Day), Amanda Bynes (What A Girl Wants), Greg Kinnear (Bad News Bears) and Mel Brooks (Spaceballs), Robots is a laugh-machine that's even more than the sum of its parts. Fueled by a wide array of riveting bonus materials including an exclusively produced, never-before-seen 4-minute Robots CGI short "Aunt Fanny's Tour Of Booty." Robots is available on both full screen and widescreen DVD, on VHS, and on UMD, Fox's first date-and-date release for the Sony PSP. Robots is ownably priced on all formats for 29.98 U.S./$43.98 Canada.
In honor of this DVD coming home, we're giving away copies to some lucky MovieWeb readers!
CLICK HERE to enter today!
Related: GIVEAWAY: Win Selma on Blu-ray
THE DVD IS LOADED WITH EXTRAS FOR EVERY "BOT":
The centerpiece of the Robots DVD is the never-before-seen 4-minute CGI short
"Aunt Fanny's Tour Of Booty" – created exclusively for the DVD starring everyone's favorite oversized aunt wreaking havoc on Robot City.
The state of the art DVD is presented in both widescreen and full screen formats and features English DTS and Dolby 5.1 sound, as well as Spanish and French Dolby Surround sound and Spanish subtitles. The nuts and bolts of the Robot DVD include:
- Audio Commentary by director Chris Wedge and executive producer William Joyce
- Audio Commentary by head technical directors and animation heads
- Discontinued Parts (deleted scenes) with director's commentary
- All-new Xbox® exclusive multiplayer racing game featuring never-before-seen tracks, gameplay modes and gadgets where players can race as one of several characters from Robots
- Interactive games including Robot Dance, Invent-A-Bot and a Fender Photo Shoot
- The Blue Man Group featurette
- You Can Shine No Matter What You're Made Of character inspiration featurette
- The Original Robots Short, the short that sold the concept to the studio with director's commentary
- Ice Age 2 promotional short
- Exclusive Inside Look at the making of Ice Age 2
- DVD Rom link
- TV spots
Fasten your seat bolts and gear up for a hilarious, heartwarming comedy
that's "fun for the whole family" (Clay Smith, Access Hollywood). Aided by a menagerie of misfit mechanical friends, a small town robot embarks on the adventure of lifetime as he heads for the big city to pursue his dreams—and ultimately proves that anyone can shine no matter what they're made of. Featuring an all-star voice cast and a groundbreaking visual style that pushes the boundaries of animated filmmaking, Robots is a dazzling, fun-filled feast for the eyes and a riveting good time for all ages!
CLICK HERE TO WATCH CLIPS FROM THIS RELEASE!
Dont't forget to also check out: Robots