On September 18 you'll only be asking yourself one question...where were you the day Superman died? See Superman in Battle. Superman in Love. And, see Superman defeated when Warner Bros. Home Video releases Superman: Doomsday! Since we know that even mentioning the demise of the Man of Steel is akin to blasphemy, we are giving away copies of this DVD to our users.
- Superman: Doomsday DVD
Related: Win Selma on Blu-ray
CLICK HERE to enter our contest!
The most shocking showdown in Superman history! When Lexcorp accidentally unearths the intergalactic serial killer Doomsday, Superman battles the creature head on in the fight of his life...literally. The world collectively mourns their fallen hero; humanity realizes it will never feel truly safe again. Superman's enemies rejoice all but Lex Luthor, who grieves the loss in his own demented manner, setting off a chilling chain of events that even he couldn't have foreseen. Inspired by the bestselling graphic novel of all time, DC Comics' The Death of Superman, this feature-length animated adventure boasts exciting action sequences that rivals anything you've ever seen starring the Man of Steel!
A thrilling, epic tale inspired by the best selling graphic novel of all time, DC Comics' The Death of Superman. When the intergalactic serial killer Doomsday is Unearthed by Lex Luthor, Superman meets the creature head on in the battle to end all battles. After Superman makes the ultimate sacrifice to save Metropolis by giving his life to defeat the monster, a "terminator-like "Doomsday," all those who loved Superman the most (Lois Lane, the voice of Swoosie Kurtz as Martha Kent, Jimmy Olsen) mourn their fallen hero and friend. But a world without Superman proves to be short- lived when the Man of Steel returns -- or does he? All is not what it seems when Superman proves to be a dark and deadly version of his former self. Furthermore, when arch- villain Lex Luthor hatches his ultimate scheme that includes genetic testing, cloning and all acts evil. it becomes clear that Metropolis has never been in greater peril -- with new villains like Toyman in his electronic insert running around - and that only the real Superman can save it once again.
Utilizing the vast history and tradition of DC Comic's classic comic book stories along with a more provocative and action-packed story line for avid comic fans as well as kids and their parents, Superman: Doomsday features the voices of Adam Baldwin (Independence Day) as Superman, Anne Heche (Men in Trees) as Lois Lane and James Marsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Collector's Set) as Lex Luthor, and will be available for $19.98.
Produced by Bruce Timm (Justice League Animated Series) and written by Duane Capizzi (Batman vs. Dracula), Superman: Doomsday is inspired by the best-selling graphic novel of all time, DC Comics' The Death of Superman. When the intergalactic serial killer Doomsday is unearthed, Superman meets the creature head on in the battle to end all battles. Going punch for punch, Superman finally ends the threat of Doomsday as he throws one last punch and collapses forever - making the ultimate sacrifice to save Metropolis and all those he once loved.
Warner Home Video, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Animation are set to release an all-new original movie Superman: Doomsday on September 18, 2007.
Superman: Doomsday will be available exclusively on DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-ray disc with collectable packaging as well as over 70 minutes of incredible DVD extras including:
- "The Clash of the Juggernauts" - A retrospective look at the craze which caught the world by storm. What happens when millions of fans are suddenly subjected to the death of their favorite character? Total mayhem! Going on record about the Death of Superman will be Paul Levitz and other DC staff as well as comic book artists throughout the industry. News clippings, reports and first-hand archival testimony from fans will be pieced together in a retrospective way. The featurette will also include a closer look at the dark Superman appearing in "The Return of Superman" graphic novel.
- The Artists Playground...From Art to Sound Design in Superman Doomsday - Producer Bruce Timm and his creative team of writers, animators and designers will take us on an exciting journey of character evolution. This documentary will focus on early character concept drawings, final character art, various stages of modeling, storyboards, animatics, layering of colors, voice talent and ultimately final animation.
- Justice League: The New Frontier - Sneak peak of the next DC Universe Original Movie
- Defeat Doomsday: Battle Challenge - Battle as Superman to defeat Doomsday in this fast-action, dexterity challenge which lets the users relive the epic battle with unique gameplay inter-cut with footage from the movie.
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen (1.78:1)
- Audio: 5.1 Dolby Digital