06/06/06 has passed but 06/20/06 marks a new day of terror as the original bad boy comes to DVD in The Omen Collector's Edition! To get you ready for judgment day we are giving away copies of this DVD and mini-posters to some lucky MovieWeb readers!
CLICK HERE to face true evil and enter our contest!
Unleash the dark terror of Damien with this spectacular, two-disc 30th Anniversary Edition of the "taut" (Variety), "gripping" (L.A. Herald-Examiner) and Oscar®-winning* horror classic! A child is born to an American Diplomat (Peck) and his wife (Remick) on the 6th day, of the 6th month, at the 6th hour in Rome...stillborn. In a moment of despair, he exchanges his dead baby for one born at the same time...and unwittingly enters a bargain with the devil that culminates in a series of gruesome 'accidents'...and a child destined to one day destroy the world!
Those who foretold it are dead. Those who can stop it are in grave danger. Man's ancient fear returns as Fox Home Entertainment releases the infamous horror classic The Omen Collector's Edition on DVD June 20, 2006. The Omen Collector's Edition celebrates its 30th anniversary by inviting audiences back into the grisly nursery of Satan's son, as little Damien's evil begins to diffuse into the world of Man.
With haunting performances by screen legend and Academy Award winner® Gregory Peck* (To Kill A Mockingbird, Cape Fear), Lee Remick (The Days Of Wine And Roses) and David Warner (Titanic, Time After Time), The Omen Collector's Edition features terrifying and atmospheric direction by Richard Donner (Superman, 16 Blocks), as well as an Oscar®-winning score by legendary film composer Jerry Goldsmith** (Poltergeist, Chinatown).
Timed to coincide with the theatrical release of The Omen 666 (2006), The Omen Collector's Edition two-disc DVD features more than six hours of bonus materials, including audio commentary by Donner and editor Stuart Baird, Gregory Peck's script with his original notes, featurettes, deleted scenes, still gallery and more! The Omen Collector's Edition DVD is available for the suggested retail price of $26.98 U.S./$37.98 Canada. Prebook is May 24, 2006.
*1962: Best Actor, To Kill A Mockingbird.
**1976: The Omen, Best Music Original Score.
- Widescreen Feature, With Commentary By Director Richard Donner And Editor Stuart Baird
- Curse Or Coincidence Featurette
- Jerry Goldsmith On The Omen Score
- Theatrical Trailer
- Introduction To The Special Edition Of The Omen By Director Richard Donner
- 666: The Omen Revealed Featurette
- The Omen Legacy Featurette
- Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary By Donner
- An Appreciation: Wes Craven on The Omen Featurette
- Damien 30 Years Later: Harvey Stephens Speaks About Playing The Son Of Satan
- David Seltzer on writing The Omen
- Gregory Peck's Script With Original Notes
- Still Gallery
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen
- Audio: English Stereo and French and English Mono, as well French subtitles
- Run Time: 111 minutes
- U.S. Rating: R
- Closed Captioned: Yes
Dont't forget to also check out: The Omen