Get ready to be scared as we are giving away copies of Wolf Creek on DVD! Learn the true tale of Austrailia's well known "Backpacker Killer."
CLICK HERE to know true fear!
Genius Products, Inc. and The Weinstein Company today announced the April 11th DVD release of Wolf Creek in both a theatrical, R-rated version as well as a new unrated version. Inspired by Australia's notorious "Backpacker Killer," who murdered seven backpackers in the '90s, the film combines the suspense of The Blair Witch Project with the horror of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Ben (Nathan Phillips), an Australian surfer, and two British girls, Liz (Cassandra Magrath) and Kristy (Kestie Morassi), take off for a three-week road trip across Australia. When the trio returns from a four-hour hike in Wolf Creek National Park, they find their car is dead. Help arrives in the form of big, back-slapping bushman Mick (John Jarratt). The trio trustingly accepts his offer to fix their car, which proves to be a grave mistake.
"Not since the original 'Texas Chainsaw' has terror felt this REAL!" - Ken Fox, TV Guide
Touting $17 million at the box-office, Wolf Creek won wide acclaim from critics, filmmakers and audience members alike at the Sundance Film Festival, and features a breakout performance by Australian actor John Jarratt as the diabolical Mick Taylor. Acclaimed director Quentin Tarantino proclaimedthat Jarratt "...delivers a performance that's destined to go down as one of the great horror heavies of the last 25 years."
- "Making of Wolf Creek" featurette,
- A deleted scene,
- Feature-length audio commentary from director/writer Greg McLean, executive producer Matt Hearn and stars Cassandra Magrath and Kestie Morassi.
- 5 minutes of additional never-before-seen footage (Unrated Version only)
- MPAA Rating: R
- Languages: English, French
- Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Run Time: 104 minutes - Unrated/99 minutes - Theatrical
- Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 - (16X9 Widescreen)
- CC: Yes
Dont't forget to also check out: Wolf Creek