Get ready for a good time on November 21 as that's the day A Fish Called Wanda swims to DVD!
Movie Picture to enter our contest!
John Cleese is Archie Leach, the proper British barrister who finds himself in quite a mess when he tangles with Wanda (Curtis), a pretty American girl with a penchant for flirting, a lust for foreign languages...and an obsession for money. In order to seduce Archie into revealing the location of a fortune in jewels stolen by his client, Wanda is ready to pull out all the stops. Unfortunately for both of them, her boyfriend and partner (Kline) is simply ready to pull out all of Archie's limbs! Who ends up with the jewels? And who ends up with Wanda?
A comedy caper blending sex, murder and greed into a straight-faced farce with a frenetic pace that barely takes a breath until the credits, A Fish Called Wanda is back on DVD November 21 in a special two-disc Collector's Edition from MGM Home Entertainment. Starring Monty Python alums John Cleese and Michael Palin along with Jamie Lee Curtis (Freaky Friday) and Kevin Kline (Dave), the swimmingly funny film is one of few comedies to be recognized with Academy Awards®, earning nominations for its deliciously subdued direction (by veteran British director Charles Crichton, The Lavender Hill Mob) and hilariously irreverent screenplay by Crichton and Cleese. In addition, Kline took home a Best Supporting Actor Oscar® for his unforgettable performance as an egomaniacal, Nietzsche-quoting lothario. The 2-disc Collector's Edition includes feature commentary by Cleese and a trivia track accompanying the film, as well as hilarious featurettes, deleted and alternate scenes, a special message from Cleese and a slew of Easter eggs. The A Fish Called Wanda DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $26.98 U.S./$41.98 Canada. Prebook is October 21, 2006.
- Audio commentary with actor/writer John Cleese
- Trivia Track
- Deleted and alternate scenes with introductions by John Cleese
- Something Fishy featurette
- Easter Eggs
- Jamie Lee Curtis' Halloween Cell Phone
- John Cleese's Thoughts On The USA
- Wanda Kissing Ken
- John Cleese's First Farewell Performance featurette
- Kulture Vulture featurette
- A Message From John Cleese
- Mug Shots still gallery
- Theatrical trailer
- Run Time: 108 minutes
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen Anamorphic (1.85:1)
- CC: Yes
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen
- Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Surround and Mono, as well as French Dolby Surround, Spanish Mono
- Subtitles: English, French and Spanish
Dont't forget to also check out: A Fish Called Wanda