On November 6 Sicko serves up some strong medicine on DVD! To honor the release of this important film we are giving away a signed poster to our users.
- Sicko Signed Poster
CLICK HERE to enter our contest!
The words healthcare and comedy aren't usually found in the same sentence, but in Academy Award-winning director Michael Moore's latest film Sicko, they go together hand in (rubber) glove. Lauded as the third highest grossing documentary of all time, Sicko debuts on DVD on November 6th from Genius Products and The Weinstein Company. With such landmark, controversial and record-breaking films as Roger and Me, Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11, Michael Moore has proven to be one of the most provocative, fearless and witty filmmakers of our time. His newest film, the informative yet inconceivable, entertaining yet disturbing and saddening yet inspiring documentary Sicko sheds light on a sickening issue. With almost 50 million Americans uninsured and those who are insured, often victims of unfair restrictions for care, Moore takes a gentler, bi-partisan approach to inform, inspire and touch the hearts of his audience to call for a systematic change of action. With heart-wrenching and empathy-provoking testimonies from both patients and former insurance company employees, Sicko depicts the frustrations and difficulties of the inability to obtain treatment and life-saving care when desperately needed due to the inevitabilities of a for-profit healthcare system. The Sicko DVD features over 80 minutes of all-new material including seven new segments, as well as eye-opening interviews, and more (see details below). Sicko will be available for the suggested retail price of $29.95.
Following on the heels of his Palm d'Or winning Fahrenheit 9/11 and his Oscar winning film Bowling for Columbine, acclaimed filmmaker Michael Moore's new documentary sets out to investigate the American healthcare system. Sticking to his tried-and-true one-man approach, Moore sheds light on the complicated medical affairs of individuals and local communities.
- Seven Never-Before-Seen segments adding over 45 minutes of exclusive footage:
- A) Sicko Goes To Washington
- B) This Country Beats France
- C) Uniquely American
- D) What If You Worked For G.E In France?
- E) Sister Mary Fidel
- F) Who Would Jesus Deny?
- G) More with Mike and Tony Benn
- Interview Gallery - Extended Interviews with Former New England Journal of Medicine Editor, Marcia Angel; Author and Harvard Law Professor, Elizabeth Warren and Doctor and Eldest Daughter of Che Guevara, Aleida Guevara
- A Different Kind Of Premiere - The Sicko L.A. Premiere
- "Alone Without You" Music Video performed by The Nightwatchman
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Languages: English Dolby 5.1
- Format: Widescreen
- Running Time: 123 minutes
- Subtitles: English and Spanish
- CC: Yes
Dont't forget to also check out: SiCKO