On August 1st, get ready for your world to never be the same as Broken Saints: Complete Series makes it's way to DVD. To honor this occassion we are giving away free copies of this DVD set!
CLICK HERE to enter our contest!
In the quiet corners of the globe, four strangers - a cynical American programmer, an aging Japanese priest, a troubled Arabic mercenary and a mysterious Fijian girl - receive a series of chilling apocalyptic visions. Desperate to understand their frightening visions of the future, these four troubled souls are simultaneously drawn to a dark city in the West where their fates - and the fate of the world - are revealed to be linked together and somehow part of a global conspiracy. Amidst an epic struggle of man, machine and otherworldly fear, these reluctant heroes must be willing to sacrifice everything...in order to know the truth and save us all!
In today's age of technology, the only limit to imagination is the vastness of imagination itself. With Broken Saints, writer/director Brooke Burgess and his small team of self-taught mavericks almost single-handedly transformed their creative vision into a strange and beautiful narrative reality... a Flash-animated graphic novel epic that transcends its roots on the Web to become one of the most celebrated cult masterpieces of the digital era. Told in byte-size installments over the course of three years, the entire 24-episode Broken Saints saga is now assembled in a comprehensive four-disc collector's set DVD, available August 1st for the first time in the U.S. from Fox Home Entertainment, priced to own at $49.98 SRP U.S. / $69.98 SRP Canada.
Resembling a "graphic novel brought to life," Broken Saints is a hypnotic visual feast that fuses art with comic-style text, deeply compelling story, haunting music and cinematic effects into a revolution in modern storytelling that is "eye-popping...innovative...mesmerizing" (Entertainment Weekly), "impressionistic, moody, lyrical" (National Public Radio) and a "brooding piece of web noir" (Wired). A testament to the incredible narrative freedoms of Flash animation as well as the influence of the Internet as a creative force, the original web premiere of Broken Saints has received over five million visitors, universal critical acclaim and numerous awards, including the Audience Award For Online Animation at the 2003 Sundance Film Festival and Producer Of Year at the 2005 Canadian New Media Awards.
Available in a stylish, first-of-its-kind collectible outer packaging, the four-disc collection features the complete 12-hour Broken Saints series in its entirety, plus digitally enhanced graphics and sound including two alternate audio tracks that offer viewers with two distinct viewing experiences - the Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround remastered original audio featuring text/music only along with a newly recorded narrated version of the series as well. In addition, the DVD is packed with hours of comprehensive behind-the-scenes bonus features about the creation of this instant cult-classic animated epic including full 12-hour series commentary from the creators, in-depth featurettes, hilarious fan films, extensive DVD-ROM features, hidden easter eggs and more.
Visually stunning, masterfully told and viscerally thrilling, Broken Saints features the voice talents of William B. Davis (Cigarette Smoking Man from The X-Files), Kirby Morrow ("X-Men: Evolution"), Scott McNeil (Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows), Michael Dobson ("Transformers: Cybertron"), David Kaye ("Dragon Ball Z") and Emmy Award-winner Janyse Jaud ("Andromeda").
DVD SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Chapters 1- 8 (with optional commentary by series creators)
- Production featurette
- Voice-Over and Audio featurette
- Various Broken Saints trailers
- Broken Saints game trailer
- Broken Saints soundtrack
- Art Institute panel discussion with creator Brooke Burgess, voice talent David Kaye, executive producer Carol Parnell from Telefilm Canada and the audio team
- Two easter eggs
- Chapters 9 - 15 (with optional commentary by series creators)
- Walker National Art Center (Minneapolis) lecture session with creator Brooke Burgess
- Biocom website stills gallery
- Media Buzz - a collection of broadcast press interviews about Broken Saints:
- G4 Tech TV
- Urban Rush
- Canada Now
- Zed TV
- CBC Vancouver
- My City Radio
- Press quotes / awards slideshow
- Three easter eggs
- Chapters 16 - 20 (with optional commentary by series creators)
- Broken Saints Tarot Tree character profiles
- Fan Showcase - video footage / artwork from fans around the world that presents their personal take on the Broken Saints phenomenon
- "Insertion" Revisited
- "Cryptic" (a live-action retelling of Chapter 2)
- DTTC (a parody of Broken Saints)
- Sponge Saints
- Broken Legos
- Fan Art Slideshow
- Flash Fan Film
- 3D Fan Film
- DVD-Rom features
- Classic episodes
- Two easter eggs
- Chapters 21 - 24 (with optional commentary by series creators)
- Broken Saints making-of documentary
- Sundance Film Festival featurette
- Behind-the-scenes material
- Comic Con Interview
- 3D Face Test
- Splitscreen Intro
- Process Slideshow
- Old School Slideshow
- Live From Berlin
- Shadowmen Theme
- Classic Intro
- Visions of Funk
- Chapter 1 Classic
- Five easter eggs
- Total Running Time: Approx. 720 mins.
- Rating: NR
- Canada Rating: NR
- Closed Captioned: Yes
- Aspect Ratio: Fullscreen (1.33:1)
- Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound and the Classic 2.0 Mix Track
- Subtitles: French and Spanish subtitles
Additionally, the DVD has two separate audio tracks available including the remastered original text/music audio plus all-new narrated version.