Bubba Ho-Tep: Bruce Campbell as Elvis? How could you go wrong? In celebration of the underground cult hit, Bubba Ho-Tep making it's way to DVD on May 25th we're giving away signed soundtracks, signed posters, and DVDs to some lucky MovieWeb readers!
CLICK HERE to enter the contest right now!
Available at the suggested retail price of $27.98, the Bubba Ho-Tep Collector’s Edition DVD features whacked-out comical bonus materials, including deleted scenes, four featurettes, and two audio commentaries by the cast, crew and “The King.” Additional bonus features include a short story reading by Lansdale, an animated photo gallery and the original theatrical trailer (see next page for details). The Collector’s Edition DVD also includes limited edition packaging and a behind-the-scenes scrapbook with comments from Campbell and Coscarelli.
Related: GIVEAWAY: Win Selma on Blu-ray
The Bubba Ho-Tep Collector’s Edition DVD features:
- Deleted scenes Seven minutes of never-before-seen deleted scenes with optional commentary by Don Coscarelli and Bruce Campbell including:
- “The Lady’s Room”
- “Footage From The Temple Room Floor” (no commentary)
- Audio commentary #1 Feature length audio commentary by Don Coscarelli and Bruce Campbell
- Audio commentary #2 Feature length audio commentary by “The King”
- Bubba Ho-Tep short story reading A reading by Joe R. Lansdale from his short story
- “Making-of Bubba Ho-Tep” 20-minute making-of documentary
- “To Make A Mummy” An inside look at how the filmmakers created the ancient mummy
- “Rock Like An Egyptian” A discussion on the scoring of the music by composer Bryan Tyler and Don Coscarelli
- “Fit For A King” A behind-the-scenes look at Bruce Campbell’s make-up and wardrobe
- Animated Photo Gallery 80 behind-the-scene photos
- Original theatrical trailer Trailer, as shown in theaters
When mysterious deaths plague the Shady Rest retirement home, it’s up to an aging, cantankerous Elvis Presley (Campbell) and a decrepit – and black – JFK (Davis) to defeat a 3,000-year-old Egyptian mummy with a penchant for sucking the souls from the barely living! Will this Bubba Ho-Tep make sure there’s never another Elvis sighting? Or can the King show the world that he can still take care of business?