On November 7 Cars speeds to DVD, to celebrate we are giving away copies to some very lucky people!
CLICK HERE to enter our contest!
Related: GIVEAWAY: Win Selma on Blu-ray
After taking moviegoers into the magical worlds of toys, bugs, monsters, fish, and superheroes, the masterful storytellers and technical wizards at Pixar Animation Studios and Academy Award®-winning director John Lasseter hit the road with this fast-paced comedy adventure set inside the unique world of cars.
In addition to Owen Wilson, Paul Newman and Bonnie Hunt, Cars includes an all-star vocal cast including, Larry The Cable Guy (as Mater, a wise-cracking, rusty but trusty tow truck), George Carlin (as Fillmore, the town's resident hippie van, Paul Dooley (as Sarge, the no-nonsense Army Jeep) and Cheech Marin (as Ramone, the low-riding, car-painting Impala). As well, the fast-action film favorite includes the voice of Jenifer Lewis (as Flo, the sassy, no-nonsense 50's big-fin show car), Tony Shalhoub (as Luigi, the excitable, tire-brokering Italian import), Michael Wallis (as Sheriff, the Mercury Police Cruiser), Michael Keaton (as Chick Hicks, Lightning McQueen's nemesis), Richard Petty (as The King, the classiest champ on the race-car circuit) and John Ratzenberger (as Mack, the big-hearted Super-liner who ferries McQueen across the country).
Ratzenberger is the only actor to have appeared in all of Pixar's feature films. A fantastic soundtrack supercharges Cars, including tracks from the top artists in music today. Among these are director John Lasseter's longtime collaborator and Academy Award® winner Randy Newman (Best Song "If I Didn't Have You" from MONSTERS, INC. 2002), Sheryl Crow, Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley, James Taylor, John Mayer, and more. The songs range from originals such as the heartfelt "Our Town" (written by Randy Newman and performed by James Taylor) to rousing renditions of the famous tune "Route 66." The Disney*Pixar's Cars Original Motion Picture Soundtrack debuted in June 2006 at #8, making it the first Pixar soundtrack to enter the Billboard Top 10 and to ship gold. The driving force behind Cars is John Lasseter, who returns to directing for the first time since TOY STORY 2 in 1999. In addition to guiding Cars through the production process, Lasseter has executive produced and overseen all of Pixar's creative endeavors, including MONSTERS, INC., FINDING NEMO, and THE INCREDIBLES, produced at Pixar's state-of-the-art studio in Emeryville, California. Cars taps into Lasseter's personal love of cars, racing, and animation.
Disney Pixar announces the DVD debut of the smash hit #1 animated film of the year, Cars, just in time for the holidays-on DVD November 7! From Pixar's Academy Award® winning director John Lasseter (TOY STORY, TOY STORY 2, A BUG'S LIFE) and the creative team that thrilled audiences with unforgettable hits including THE INCREDIBLES and FINDING NEMO, Cars is a hilarious action-packed adventure into the unique world of cars, starring a hotshot rookie race car who, with a fun cast of car-acters goes on the ride of his life. Starring Owen Wilson (Wedding Crashers), the legendary Paul Newman (Oscar® winner Best Actor The Color of Money 1986), Bonnie Hunt (as Sally, a snazzy Porsche) and an all-star cast, Cars takes audiences of all ages on an incredible adventure that blends comedy, a heartfelt story, great music and breathtaking animation.
Loaded with a full tank of electrifying DVD bonus features, the highly anticipated Cars DVD is freewheeling fun for everyone! Bonus features include an exclusive animated short "Mater and The Ghostlight", the original short from Cars theatrical release; "One Man Band"; "The Inspiration for Cars"; deleted scenes; hilarious end credit vignettes shown in full screen; and a special sneak peek at the highly anticipated next Disney/Pixar feature RATATOUILLE. Available in separate widescreen and fullscreen editions on November 7, 2006, Cars is priced at U.S. $29.99 (SRP) and Canada $36.99 (SRP) from Walt Disney Home Entertainment.
- Mater and the Ghostlight - This all-new exclusive animated short film directed by John Lasseter and co-directed by Dan Scanlon, features Mater, the lovable rusty tow truck from the film. In this funny and spooky tale, mischievous Mater, the prankster of Radiator Springs, has the tables turned on him as he learns the truth behind the mystery of "The Ghostlight."
- One Man Band - This Academy Award®-nominated short film (Best Animated Short 2005) is included exclusively on the Cars DVD. It tells the humorously captivating story of two street musicians where musical mayhem coincides with brilliant visuals.
- Inspiration for Cars - Creator John Lasseter takes viewers on an insightful cruise through the world of Cars. From Lasseter's personal home movies, his life-changing trip across the country with his family, the animators' journey down Route 66 and discovering the thrill of the racetrack, this firsthand account explores how the film was born. Plus, meet the real-life Mater who inspired the beloved character.
- Epilogue - Enjoy the hilarious end credit vignettes, shown full screen, which spoof beloved Pixar films including Monsters, Inc., Toy Story and Finding Nemo.
- Deleted Scenes
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 116 minutes
- Aspect Ratio: 2.39:1 enhanced for 16x9 TV screens and separately 1.33:1 formatted 4x3
- Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1 EX Surround Sound - Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Sound
- Languages: English Audio
- CC: Yes
CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO CLIPS FROM THIS DVD RELEASE!
Dont't forget to also check out: Cars