MovieWeb has teamed up with Universal Home Video to bring you a fantastic contest opportunity! We're giving away a collection of DVDs that star Dwayne The Rock Johnson in celebration of this week's DVD release of Doom!
GRAND PRIZE WINNER:
- Runner-ups will take home a Doom DVD!
Feelin lucky? CLICK HERE to enter today!
Heart-stopping action and groundbreaking visual effects explode onto the screen when the thrilling action-adventure Doom arrives on DVD and UMD in an Unrated Extended Edition February 7, 2005 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Starring Dwayne The Rock Johnson (The Rundown, The Scorpion King), Karl Urban (The Bourne Supremacy, "Chronicles of Riddick", The Lord of the Rings) and Rosamund Pike (Die Another Day), Doom blasts viewers into an electrifying and dangerous vision of the future. With fight sequences choreographed by Hong Kong martial arts master Dion Lam (The Matrix trilogy, Spider-Man 2) and innovative, state-of-the-art visual effects from the legendary Stan Winston Studios (Jurassic Park III, A.I.: Artificial Intelligence), Doom combines thrilling action with nail-biting suspense to create an unforgettable cinematic thrill-ride.
Directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak (Romeo Must Die, Cradle 2 the Grave) and inspired by the groundbreaking, best-selling videogame, Doom stars The Rock as the leader of the Rapid Response Tactical Squad, a squadron of interplanetary Marines sent to investigate a remote Martian outpost. The DVD's interactive bonus features immerse viewers in a spine-chilling world where hardened, well-armed mercenaries battle for mankind's survival against a seemingly unbeatable foe. The R-rated theatrical version is also available on VHS and DVD. All versions are priced at $29.98 SRP. Preorder close is December 20, 2005.
The Unrated Extended version of the Doom DVD features exclusive extras:
- First Person Shooter Sequence: Visual Effects Supervisor Jon Farhat directed this sequence and explains how the look and feel of the game was created on film. This includes the entire 5:00 minute long version that was shortened for the final cut of the film.
- Game On!: A beginner's tour of locations, weapons, creatures and strategies of a "first person shooter," including tips and sidebars.
The Unrated and Rated versions of the Doom DVD come armed with an arsenal of extras guaranteed to add to the non-stop thrills.
- Basic Training: Join The Rock and the rest of the cast as they train with the SAS. Learn with the team how to load and fire their weapon and all the rigors of real basic training.
- Rock Formation: Join make-up artist Jeff Dawn as he applies prosthetic make-up on The Rock for the final fight sequence with Karl Urban.
- Master Monster Makers: In this short feature, we will go in-depth on the making of the creatures in Doom. We will join Stan Winston's creature team as they face the task of turning foam and rubber into terrifying monsters.
- Doom Nation: This documentary feature will explore the worldwide phenomenon of Doom, the videogame franchise. From a profile on the creator, John Carmack and designer, Tim Willits (names familiar as characters in the movie) to a look at the legions of fans who can't get enough of he world's most addictive videogame.
- Doom 3 Xbox Demo
A frantic call for help from a remote research station on Mars sends a team of mercenary Marines into action. Led by The Rock and Karl Urban, they descend into the Olduvai Research Station, where they find a legion of nightmarish creatures, lurking in the darkness, killing at will. Once there, the Marines must use an arsenal of firepower to carry out their mission: nothing gets out alive. Based on the hugely popular video game, Doom is an explosive action-packed thrill ride!
For more information please visit: www.Doommovie.com.
DVD (Unrated Extended Edition)
Street Date: February 7, 2006
Pre-Order Close: December 20, 2005
Copyright: 2006 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Price: $29.98 SRP
Selection Number: 20312 (Widescreen); 20313 (Full Frame)
Running Time: 1 Hour 53 Minutes
Layers: Dual (Single Sided)
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1 (Widescreen); 1.33:1 (Full Frame)
Rating: Not Rated
Technical Info: English, Spanish and French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround; English SDH, Spanish, French Subtitles