Hellboy II: The Golden Army will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on November 11 and we just have to celebrate this new sequel's release. We have another contest running and we're giving away a few Hellboy II: The Golden Army Three-Disc Special Edition sets and one lucky reader will take home the Hellboy II: The Golden Army Collector's Set which is the three-disc special edition plus a brand new book as well. These awesome prizes will be going fast, so be sure to enter this contest as soon as you can.
Grand Prize Winner Receives:
- Hellboy II: The Golden Army Collector's Set DVD set with bonus book
Related: GIVEAWAY: Win Selma on Blu-ray
First Prize Winners Receive:
- Hellboy II: The Golden Army Three-Disc Special Edition DVD set
CLICK HERE to sign up for this huge contest today.
The visionary del Toro takes audiences on "one hell of a wild ride," according to The Hollywood Reporter, in a return to the exhilaratingly original world of Hellboy. Ron Perlman (The Mutant Chronicles), Selma Blair (Legally Blonde), Doug Jones (Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer) and Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development) reprise their roles from the groundbreaking first Hellboy film, joined by Luke Goss (Deep Winter) as Nuada, a renegade elvish prince, and more than 30 startling new creatures drawn from del Toro's untamed imagination.
Based on characters created by Mike Mignola for Dark Horse Comics, Hellboy has become one of the most successful independent comic books of all time, bursting with outlandish creatures, over-the-top action and unexpectedly comedic moments.
- Feature Commentary with Director Guillermo del Toro
- Feature Commentary with Cast Members Jeffrey Tambor, Selma Blair and Luke Goss
- Set Visits: Seven mini documentaries provide viewers with unlimited access to the Hellboy II: The Golden Army set.
- Troll Market Tour with Guillermo del Toro: Using sketches and backstage video, del Toro walks the audience through the creation of one of the film's most distinctive sets, the legendary Troll Market.
- Animated Zinco Epilogue Comic
- Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary by Director Guillermo del Toro
In addition, the Blu-ray and 3-disc special edition DVD also include the following in-depth features:
-Prologue: A special introduction to the DVD from director Guillermo del Toro.
- Director's Notebook: Exclusive interviews, image scans and text from Guillermo del Toro's personal notebook.
- Concept Art Gallery: Original designs and concepts for Hellboy II: The Golden Army's costumes and sets.
- Hellboy: In Service Of The Demon: Over two hours of footage
that takes fans into the creation of this film.
- Production Workshop: Professor Broom's Puppet Theatre: A special look inside the opening sequence of the film including storyboards and animatics.
- Image Gallery Featuring Teaser Banners, One-Sheets and Poster
- DVD Rom: Hellboy II: The Golden Army Script
h4EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY HI-DEF BONUS FEATURES
Only on the Hellboy II: The Golden Army [Blu-ray] can viewers
enjoy the following interactive features:
- My Chat: Using your internet-connected player, host a text chat with your friends who also own Hellboy II: The Golden Army [Blu-ray] while you watch the movie in synchronization!
- Sneak Peek of Wanted: Watch never-before seen footage from the explosive action movie Wanted, starring Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy.
- My Scenes Sharing: Show your friends your favorite scenes from
Hellboy II: The Golden Army via BD-Live.
- Comic Book Builder: Create an original downloadable Hellboy adventure by selecting still images from the movie, dropping them into comic book layouts and adding text. The result can be e-mailed to friends or published via BD-Live buddy lists.
- U-Control: Universal's exclusive signature feature U-Control allows viewers to delve into the making of the film with the click of the remote without ever leaving the movie.
- Scene Explorer: Schufften Goggle View: View scenes from the film as it progresses from storyboards and early renderings of the visual effects to the final film.
- Director's Notebook: Fans will get an interactive glimpse at the director's personal journal and view how early thematic concepts evolved into the final film. Includes an introduction by Guillermo Del Toro.
- Set Visits: Interactive vignettes provide information about key moments in the film.
- Comic Book Back-Story Interactive Feature: Clickable motion pages provide backstories of the film's characters.