In anticipation of of the upcoming December 13th DVD release of Sin City: Recut - Extended & Unrated, MovieWeb is giving away copies to some lucky readers of the site!
Bursting off the pages of the famed comic book, Frank Miller's Sin City became one of this year's most stylish, hip and creative films. Now fans will get to take another trip to the dark edge of Old Town with the much-anticipated Sin City: Recut - Extended & Unrated, the complete, expanded and unrated version of the film with never-before-seen footage integrated directly into the feature by director Robert Rodriguez. This essential two-disc DVD is presented in ultra-stylish packaging, with hours of all-new bonus materials supervised directly by Rodriguez showing how this unique film was brought to life. Plus the complete reprinted first issue of Frank Miller's Sin City graphic novel The Hard Goodbye is included. This year's must-have gift for the holidays, Sin City: Recut - Extended & Unrated is available on two-disc DVD on December 13th for $39.99 SRP from Dimension Home Video.
CLICK HERE to enter this great contest!
Robert Rodriguez (Desperado, "From Dusk Till Dawn," The Faculty) and comics idol Frank Miller co-direct FRANK MILLER'S SIN CITY, based on a series of graphic novels created by Miller, highlighted by a special segment from guest director Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, "Kill Bill" series). Sin City is infested with criminals, crooked cops and sexy dames, some searching for vengeance, some for redemption. Visually-stunning, the film has been translated from page to screen by remaining absolutely faithful to the look, feel and dialogue of the books.
- Original Feature Film Presentation
- Feature Commentary with Robert Rodriguez & Frank Miller
- Feature Commentary with Robert Rodriguez & Quentin Tarantino
- Feature Commentary of Austin Premiere Audience Reaction
- Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes --A Hard Top With A Decent Engine: The Cars of Sin City --Making the Monsters: Special Effects & Make-Up --Trench Coats and Fishnets: The Costumes of Sin City --Booze, Broads & Guns: The Props of Sin City --How It Went Down: Convincing Frank Miller to Make The Film --Special Guest Director, Quentin Tarantino
- Sin-Chroni-City Interactive: As the viewer watches Sin City, it becomes apparent that the characters and their stories are not isolated, but intertwined. It is also revealed that the timelines for these stories are not in synch—and yet not entirely independent. This interactive feature allows the user to get a timeline view of the happenings of Sin City. The user can see the overview schematic of the scenes in chronological order and then zoom in for more detail on any of the events.
- Teaser and Theatrical Trailer
- Robert Rodriguez DVD introduction
- Sin City: Recut - Extended & Unrated Feature Film Presentation (with 23 added minutes) Full-length expanded cuts of each individual episode ("Customer Is Always Right," "The Hard Goodbye," "Big Fat Kill" and "That Yellow Bastard") split out into short films – each with their own title cards and in their own complete form; viewers can watch separately and in any order desired.
- 15 Minute Flick School – See how everything was done, including the development of the look of the movie before there was financing, plus early screen tests, rehearsal tapes, final effects. Narrated and cut by Robert Rodriguez.
- All Green Version – A high speed look at the entire movie with only its green screen elements.
- The Long Take – A full uninterrupted 17 minute take during the filming of Quentin Tarantino's segment. See what it is like to sit in the middle of a whirlwind of creativity while the camera is rolling. It's an up-close and personal view of the directors and the stars as they do their creative thing.
- Sin City: Live in Concert – The Sin City filmmakers, cast and crew head over to Antone's restaurant one night after shooting "That Yellow Bastard." Bruce Willis' band and Robert Rodriguez's band Chingon play a benefit show. Included are the full versions of Bruce and his band playing the song "Devil Woman" and Rodriguez and his band playing the "Theme from Sin City."
- 10 Minute Cooking School: Sin City Breakfast Tacos – Discover Robert Rodriguez's meal of choice during the long night hours of making Sin City. This featurette shows how to make Rodriguez's grandma's secret homemade flour tortilla recipe as well.
FRANK MILLER'S SIN CITY stars Bruce Willis (Hostage) as Hartigan, a cop with a bum ticker and a vow to protect exotic dancer Nancy (Jessica Alba, TV's "Dark Angel"). Mickey Rourke (Man On Fire, Domino) stars as Marv, the outcast misanthrope on a mission to avenge the death of his one true love, Goldie (Jaime King, White Chicks). Clive Owen (Closer) stars as Dwight, the clandestine love of Shelley (Brittany Murphy, Little Black Book,, 8 Mile), who spends his night defending Gail (Rosario Dawson, Alexander) and her Old Towne girls (Devon Aoki, "2 Fast 2 Furious") and Alexis Bledel (TV's "Gilmore Girls") from Jackie (Benicio Del Toro, 21 Grams), a tough guy with a penchant for violence.
Elijah Wood ("Lord of the Rings" series), Nick Stahl (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines), Michael Madsen ("Kill Bill Vol. 2"), Carla Gugino (TV's "Karen Sisco"), Powers Boothe ("Deadwood"), Rutger Hauer (Batman Begins), Josh Hartnett (Pearl Harbor) and Michael Clarke Duncan (Daredevil) are also part of the ensemble cast. Based on the graphic novels by Frank Miller. Directed by Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez ("From Dusk Till Dawn," Spy Kids).
Watch clips from this DVD release!
Dont't forget to also check out: Sin City