In honor of the recent special edition releases of The Fly and The Fly II hitting DVD, MovieWeb is giving away copies to some lucky entrants of our latest DVD contest!
Relive the cinema's most terrifying transformations when a scientific experiment goes horribly wrong in THE FLY COLLECTOR'S EDITION and THE FLY II COLLECTOR'S EDITION landed on DVD October 4th from Fox Home Entertainment. Fully restored to their gory glory, both films come alive as Collector Edition two-disc sets featuring ear dropping, never-before-seen bonus materials, including audio commentaries, deleted scenes, storyboard and concept art galleries, featurettes investigating the history of the films and the stages of the films' production, theatrical teasers and trailers, and an exploration of the various written materials that served as the films' inspiration. THE FLY COLLECTOR'S EDITION and THE FLY II COLLECTOR'S EDITION two-disc DVD sets are available for the suggested retail price of $19.98 U.S./$25.98 Canada.
CLICK HERE to enter our contest today!
Related: GIVEAWAY: Win Selma on Blu-ray
DVD Special Features:
THE FLY COLLECTOR'S EDITION two-disc DVD set features a restored version of the film in widescreen (1.85:1) with English DTS 5.1 and Dolby Surround 5.1, as well as Spanish Mono and French Stereo. The DVD is fully loaded with bonus features including:
- Commentary by director David Cronenberg
- "Fear of the Flesh: The Making of The Fly" featurette
- "The Fly Papers: The Buzz On Hollywood's Scariest Insect" featurette
- The Brundle Museum of Natural History
- Written Works
-- George Langelaan's original story
-- Charles Edward Pogue's original screenplay
-- David Cronenberg's rewrite
-- Interactive Cineflex article, "The Fly Papers"
-- Interactive American Cinematographer article, "New Buzz on an Old Theme"
-- Interactive American Cinematographer article, "More About The Fly"
- Four deleted scenes
- Promotional Materials including trailers, television spots and materials from the original EPK
- Still Gallery featuring concept art, storyboards, set design and VFX
- Easter egg
THE FLY II COLLECTOR'S EDITION two-disc DVD set features a restored version of the film in widescreen (1.85:1) with English DTS and Dolby 5.1, as well as Spanish and French Dolby Surround. The DVD is fully loaded with bonus features including:
- Commentary by director Chris Walas, plus writers and members of the cast and crew
- "Larval Stage: Development & Pre-Production" featurette
- "Pupa Stage: Production" featurette
- "Adult Stage: Post-Production & Release" featurette
- Video Production Journal with commentary
- Storyboard-to-film comparisons with optional commentary
- Still Galleries featuring concept art, storyboards, and production photos
- Trailers and television spots
Directed by David Cronenberg, THE FLY centers around Seth Brundle (Jeff Goldblum), a brilliant if eccentric scientist researching the possibility of teleporting living matter. After a common house fly enters one of his transmission booths as he is preparing to teleport himself, he finds himself a changed man, evolving into BrundleFly, a hybrid of man and fly. The transformation is gradual but terrible, and is witnessed by Veronica Quaife (Geena Davis), an investigative journalist documenting Seth's research, who loves him and soon learns that she is carrying his child.
The Fly II
Seth Brundle's son Martin (Eric Stoltz) at only five years old is a full grown man when the story of the BrundleFly, the action-packed sci-fi thriller continues in THE FLY II. With the help of his girlfriend Beth (Daphne Zuniga), Martin must find a possible cure for his genetic condition before his dormant insect genes make him into the monster that overtook his father.