To honor the release on May 9th, 2006 of Steven Spielberg's highly praised Munich, we, in conjunction with Universal Home Video, are going to be giving away the Munich Prize Pack to some very lucky winners!
WINNERS WILL RECEIVE THE ULTIMATE IN SUSPENSE INCLUDING:
- A Munich DVD
Related: GIVEAWAY: Win Selma on Blu-ray
- A Portable DVD Player
- A The Bourne Identity DVD
- A The Bourne Supremacy DVD
- A Jaws DVD
- A Duel DVD
CLICK HERE to enter today!
Inspired by real events, Munich reveals the intense story of the secret Israeli squad assigned to track down and eliminate the 11 Palestinians believed to have planned the 1972 Munich massacre of 11 Israeli athletes - and the personal toll this mission of revenge takes on the team and the man who led it.
Munich, the explosive suspense thriller from director Steven Spielberg, comes to DVD May 9, 2006 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.
Inspired by the real-life events following the murder of 11 Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympic Games, this action-packed film stars Eric Bana (Black Hawk Down, Troy), Daniel Craig (Casino Royale, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider) and Academy Award® winner Geoffrey Rush (Shine, Pirates of the Caribbean) as players in an international campaign to track down and eliminate the 11 Palestinians believed to have planned the massacre.
Munich combines edge-of-your-seat suspense with a thought-provoking story. Boasting powerhouse performances, plot twists and shadowy alliances.
Munich follows a secret team of five agents in the aftermath of the brutal massacre of 11 members of the Israeli team at the 1972 Olympics. Led by Avner (Eric Bana), the men have been dispatched on a mission to track down those responsible for the attack; a mission that takes a personal toll on the agents and the man who led it.
Steven Spielberg's explosive suspense thriller earned five Academy Award® nominations, including Best Picture, Best Director (Spielberg), Best Film Editing (Michael Kahn), Best Original Score (John Williams) and Best Adapted Screenplay (Tony Kushner, Eric Roth).
The film enthralled some of America's most prestigious critics with its outstanding acting ensemble, superbly crafted script and taut direction. Owen Gleiberman of Entertainment Weekly calls Munich "spectacularly gripping," while Peter Travers of Rolling Stone describes it as "tremendously exciting," and CNN's Larry King calls it a "dynamic thriller." Gene Shalit of "The Today Show" says of Munich, "a bold and passionate thriller."
Director: Steven Spielberg
Screenplay By: Tony Kushner and Eric Roth
Cast: Eric Bana, Daniel Craig, Ciaran Hinds, Mathieu Kassovitz, Hanns Zischler, Ayelet Zurer and Geoffrey Rush
- The Munich DVD includes an introduction from Academy Award®-winning director Steven Spielberg.
- Munich: The Mission, The Team - Find out how this project came about and the challenges that were faced by the filmmakers to draw an accurate portrayal of the controversial mission. The actors share their experience getting involved portraying the five men who led the mission.
- Munich: Memories of the Event - Explore and discover the impact of the real events in Munich through documentary footage, film clips, behind-the-scenes moments and interviews with cast and crew, including Steven Spielberg.
- Munich: Portrait of an Era - Look at the re-creation of the '70s with production designer Rick Carter and costume designer Joanna Johnston.
- Munich: The "On Set" Experience - A moving and intricate exploration into the art and politics involved with the making of Munich.
- Munich: Editing, Sound and Music - A discussion with Steven Spielberg and his collaborators, composer John Williams and editor Michael Kahn, on the final touches that were added to Munich.
- Munich: The International Cast - A captivating look at the remarkable group of actors that appear in Munich. With over 150 speaking parts, Spielberg and his team discuss the casting of actors from all over the world.
- Running Time: 2 Hours 44 Minutes
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1 (Anamorphic Widescreen); 1.33:1 (Full Frame)
- Rating: R
- Rating Reason: strong graphic violence, some sexual content, nudity and language
- Audio: English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround; English DVS Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo; English SDH
- Subtitles: French and Spanish
CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO CLIPS FROM THIS DVD RELEASE!
Dont't forget to also check out: Munich