On June 13th Neil Young: Heart of Gold will make it's way to DVD! Taken from footage of two performances captured by revered filmmaker Jonathan Demme, we are very proud to be giving away copies of this highly anticipated film.
CLICK HERE to see the master performer in action!
In the fall of 2005, Neil Young returned to the sound and style of his iconic 1972 album Harvest with Prairie Wind, a set of ten songs which look to America's past and future accompanied by sweet but rough-hewn country-rock. The album was written and recorded after Young was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm, and shortly before he went into the hospital for surgery for the condition, Young played a pair of special concerts at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium, the original home of the Grand Ole Opry, where he performed the Prairie Wind album in full along with a set of old favorites.
Filmmaker Jonathan Demme was on hand to film the shows, and Neil Young: Heart of Gold was culled from the best moments of those two concerts, as well as interviews in which Young talks about his life and music. Emmylou Harris appears as a guest vocalist, and Young's band includes long time accompanists Ben Keith on pedal steel, pianist Spooner Oldham and Pegi Young (Neil's wife) on acoustic guitar and backing vocals. By the way, Neil Young enjoyed a full recovery after his surgery.
- Bonus Song: "He Was the King"
- Rehearsal Diaries - narrated by director Jonathan Demme
- 6 In-Depth Featurettes - Fellow Travelers, Cruising With Neil, These Old Guitars, Crusing With the Players, Finishing Touches, Warming Up With Neil and the Jubilee Singers
- Plus a truly historic blast from the past - Neil Young's performance on the 1971 Johnny Cash Show
- No. of Discs: 2
- Rating: PG
- Run Time: 103 minutes
- Language: English
- Aspect Ratio: Enhanced Wide Screen Letterbox for 16x9 TV
- Audio: Dolby Digital
CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO CLIPS FROM THIS DVD RELEASE!
Dont't forget to also check out: Neil Young: Heart of Gold