- Official Pirate Radio soundtrack two-CD set
- CLICK HERE to win these new two-disc CD today.
- Pirate Radio is the newest ensemble comedy from filmmaker Richard Curtis (screenwriter of Four Weddings and a Funeral and Notting Hill, and writer/director of Love Actually), spinning the irreverent yet fact-based comedic tale of a seafaring band of rogue rock and roll deejays whose "pirate radio" captivated and inspired 1960s Britain. Playing the music that rocked a nation and a decade, the group boldly and hilariously defies the government that tried to shut them down.
- Broadcasting live 24/7 from an old tanker anchored in the middle of the North Sea (just beyond British jurisdiction), Radio Rock sends out a vibrant and unifying signal to millions across the nation, ranging in age from wide-eyed pre-teens secretly tuning in long past their bedtimes to everyday people in need of a musical pick-me-up.
- Disc: 1
- 1. Duffy "Stay With Me Baby"
- 2. The Kinks "All Day And All The Night"
- 3. The Turtles "Elenore"
- 4. John Fred & His Playboy Band "Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)"
- 5. Martha Reeves & The Vandellas "Dancing In The Street"
- 6. The Beach Boys "Wouldn't It Be Nice"
- 7. Smokey Robinson & The Miracles "Ooo Baby Baby"
- 8. Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass "This Guy's In Love With You"
- 9. Jeff Beck "Hi Ho Silver Lining"
- 10. The Who "I Can See For Miles"
- See all 15 tracks on this disc
- Disc: 2
- 1. Easybeats "Friday On My Mind"
- 2. The Who "My Generation"
- 3. Cream "I Feel Free"
- 4. Jimi Hendrix Experience "The Wind Cries Mary"
- 5. Procol Harem "A Whiter Shade Of Pale"
- 6. Otis Redding "These Arms Of Mine"
- 7. The Supreme "The Happening
- 8. Jr Walker & The All Stars "Cleo's Mood"
- 9. The Turtles "She'd Rather Be With Me"
- 10. The Bystanders "98.6"
In 1966 -- arguably British pop music's finest era -- the BBC played only two hours of rock and roll every week. But pirate radio blasted rock and pop from the high seas 24 hours a day. And 25 million people -- more than half the population of Britain -- listened to these pirates every single day.