Terminator 2: Judgment Day Skynet Edition is coming to Blu-ray on May 19, and you just know we have to celebrate a release as huge as this. We have a new contest running on the site and we're giving away copies of this new BD disc to our readers. You know these extras-packed discs will fly out of here fast, so enter this contest today.
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day Skynet Edition Blu-ray
Related: GIVEAWAY: Win Selma on Blu-ray
CLICK HERE to enter this big giveaway today.
A sequel to the low-budget scifi action thriller that made him and star Arnold Schwarzenegger A-list Hollywood names, writer/director James Cameron upped the ante with this follow-up by employing a more sweeping storyline and cutting-edge special effects. Linda Hamilton returns as Sarah Connor, now a single mother to rebellious teen John Connor (Edward Furlong), during the late nineties. Having been informed by a time-traveling soldier in the first film that John will one day grow up to become humanity's savior from a computer-controlled Armageddon, Sarah has responded by becoming a muscle-bound she-warrior bent on educating John in survival tactics and battle strategies. Her ranting about humankind's future has landed Sarah in an insane asylum and John in the foster care system. The rebellious John has responded to his situation by getting into scrapes with the law. When a new and improved Terminator android called the T1000 (Robert Patrick) arrives from the future to eliminate John, an older model T-800 (Schwarzenegger) is sent to protect the boy. The T1000, however, has the ability to morph itself into any shape it desires, allowing it chameleon-like powers and near indestructibility. The T-800 saves John's life and helps break Sarah out of the institution. Staying only one step ahead of the dogged T1000, Sarah leads her son and the T-800 to the headquarters of Cyberdyne Systems, the company that will invent a robotic intelligence that will eventually take over the world. There, they attempt to convince inventor Miles Dyson (Joe Morton) to help them stop the future from ever occurring by destroying his work. Dyson sacrifices himself in an explosion to save the world, leading to a final showdown between the two Terminators at a steel foundry. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991), which won four Oscars in technical categories for its groundbreaking effects, was followed by a short sequel filmed exclusively as an attraction for theme parks, Terminator 2: 3D Battle Across Time (1996).
- Multiple THX-certified versions high-definition versions of the film
- - All-new English 6.1 DTS-HD Master Audio Lossless
- - Picture-in-picture of behind the scenes video, text commentaries and multimedia galleries
- - Storyboard-script mode - view storyboards and read the script while watching the film
- - Interactive quizzes and games
- - BD-LiveT enabled, featuring games, extra content and more for internet-connected players
- - Audio commentary with 26 cast and crew members
- - Audio commentary with director James Cameron and co-writer William Wisher
- - Enhanced for D-BoxT Motion Control Systems
- - Includes THX Optimizer