May 11th marks the final season of "The X-Files" to ever come to DVD. It also wraps up a 5 years string of releases of the series on DVD.
In honor of the X-Files coming to a close, we're giving away the 9th season set to one lucky winner! In addition, the winner will take home an actual case file from the show!!!
You think you have what it takes? Enter today! CLICK HERE
The truth is revealed in the highly celebrated finale of an incomparable sci-fi series that has defined the science fiction genre when Fox Home Entertainment releases “The X-Files” Season Nine DVD Collection on May 11, 2004. Garnering three Golden Globe‚ wins and 61 Emmy‚ nominations since the show’s inception, this unmatched sci-fi collection wraps the final series around controversy and questions of FBI involvement – forcing Scully (Gillian Anderson), Agent John Doggett (Robert Patrick), Assistant Director Skinner (Mitch Pileggi) and Agent Monica Reyes (Annabeth Gish) to keep secrets from each other in hopes of protection. Mulder (David Duchovny) returns for the series finale in “The Truth” which reveals how pieces of the puzzle of the last nine years all fit together. The special collector’s seven-disc set features all 20 episodes from the ninth season, as well as a bonus disc that includes deleted scenes, commentaries, documentaries, special effects clips, a DVD-ROM game and more. The set is offered at a new low price $99.98 U.S. and $139.98 Canada, and in celebration of the finale set, all previous seasons will be re-priced to this new lower price, helping fans build a complete “The X-Files” DVD collection. Prebook is March 16, 2004.
The X-Files Season Nine Synopsis
THE TIME HAS COME FOR ALL TRUTHS TO BE KNOWN….
From the revelation about Scully and Mulder’s baby in “Nothing Important Happened Today” and the mystery surrounding the murder of Agent Doggett’s son in “Release” to Mulder’s final confrontation with those who would deny “The Truth,” these Season Nine episodes are a must for every X-Files fan!
“The X-Files” has won three Golden Globe® Awards for Best Dramatic Series as well as Golden Globe Awards for David Duchovny for Outstanding Performance by an Actor in a Drama Series and Gillian Anderson for Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Drama Series. It has garnered a total of 61 Emmy‚ Award nominations since its inception, and has won numerous Emmy’s including Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for Anderson, Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series, Outstanding Art Direction for a Series, Outstanding Makeup for a Drama Series,
Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing and Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series.
“The X-Files” also has received the prestigious George Foster Peabody Award for Excellence in Broadcasting.
“The X-Files” Season Nine Special Features And Disc Content Specifics:
All episodes from “The X-Files” ninth season are compiled on seven discs and are available in anamorphic widescreen (aspect ratio 1.78:1). Presented with English, French and Spanish Dolby Surround sound, each disc also offers English and Spanish subtitles. A host of other languages, including German, Japanese and Italian are featured on various international one-minute episode clips. In addition, the following special features are exclusive to each disc:
- “Nothing Important Happened Today”
- “Nothing Important Happened Today II”
- Optional branching to two deleted scenes from “Nothing Important Happened Today” and two deleted scenes
- International clip from “Nothing Important Happened Today II” in German, Japanese, Italian
- “Lord of the Flies”
- “Trust No 1”
- “John Doe”
- Optional branching to deleted scene from “Lord of the Flies”
- International clips from “Trust No 1” in German, Japanese, Italian
- “Audrey Pauly”
- Optional branching to deleted scene from “Provenance”
- International clip from “Provenance” in German, Japanese, Italian
- “Scary Monsters”
- “Jump the Shark”
- Optional branching to deleted scene from “Jump the Shark”
- International clip from William in German, Japanese, Italian
- Commentary from “Improbable” by Chris Carter and “Jump the Shark” by Vince Gilligan,
John Shiban, Frank Spotnitz
- “Sunshine Days”
- “The Truth”
- Optional branching to three deleted scenes from “The Truth”
- International clip from “The Truth” in German, Japanese, Italian
- Commentary from “The Truth” by Kim Manners
- All-inclusive deleted scenes from the five discs with optional commentary by Frank Spotnitz
- Special effects by Mat Beck with commentary by Paul Rabwin
- “The Truth about Season Nine” documentary (30 min)
- “The Making of ‘The Truth’” documentary (90 min)
- “Reflecting On The Truth” featurette (13 min)
- Two The X-Files profiles on Monica Reyes and Brad Follmer
- 38 TV spots
- Secrets of The X-Files (45 min)
- More Secrets of The X-Files (45 min)
- Tribute to the X-Files (20 min)
- “The Truth” DVD-ROM game: Based on the Super Soldier Mythology story line of Season Nine, the game centers around the plot from the last episode, “The Truth.” Players act as an agent who must find evidence to prove Mulder’s innocence. During investigations, players collect magnetite, build a gun, and wind up in a death struggle against several Super Soldiers.