One of Roger Corman's most beloved cult classics will be getting a new DVD release and will debut on Blu-ray this June. Death Race 2000 will be released in a brand new DVD edition and will come out in Blu-ray for the first time on June 22. The new standard DVD edition will be priced at $19.93 SRP and the Blu-ray will be priced at $26.97 SRP. We have no cover art images at this time but you can take a look at the special features below. The film stars David Carradine, Sylvester Stallone, Simone Griffeth, Mary Woronov, Roberta Collins and Martin Kove.
Welcome to the year 2000, a bleak and politically oppressive world plagued by immorality and political unrest. The only thing that appeases the population is the three-day Transcontinental Death Race, a high-speed, coast-to-coast competition which is won by the driver who racks up the most points by killing spectators, pedestrians and other unlucky passers-by.
This year, however, the Death Race drivers have something more to worry about than getting killed by the other contestants: A covert faction of Anti-Race revolutionaries bent on putting the brakes on Death Race for good. When they say "Speed kills" - they're not kidding!
- David on Death Race: A brief look back from star David Carradine recorded in 2008
- - Audio commentary with Roger Corman and Mary Woronov
- - New audio commentary with assistant director Lewis Teague and editor Tina Hirsch
- - Playing the Game: Looking Back at "Death Race 2000"
- - Ready to Wear: In-depth interview costume designer Jane Ruhm on her inventive work for this film and other Roger Corman classics
- - Designing Dystopia!: A detailed look at the film's futuristic landscapes and now-classic race cars with co-art director B.B. Neel, car designer James Powers and car constructor Dean Jeffries.
- - Start Your Engine!: How the world of Death Race 2000 came to life, interview with original story creator Ib Melchior
- - Killer Score: An all-new interview with composer Paul Chihara on the creation of the film's eclectic score, which was also his first feature film composition.
- - Leonard Maltin interviews Roger Corman about Death Race 2000
- - Original theatrical trailer
- - Original theatrical trailer with commentary by filmmaker John Landis, courtesy of trailersfromhell.com
- - Collectible 12-page booklet
- - New World trailers