This July, SCI FI Channel will introduce America to mentalist Derren Brown, the British brain-twisting sensation who has been described as "part James Bond, part Yoda." Derren Brown: Mind Control premieres Thursday, July 26th at 10:00PM ET/PT immediately following the second season premiere of Who Wants to Be a Superhero?
Having astounded UK television audiences with his numerous series and specials including the controversial broadcast of Derren playing Russian Roulette on live television, SCI FI's original U.S. produced version of Mind Control will consist of 6 jaw-dropping 1-hour episodes that must be seen to be believed. Andrew O'Conner and Michael Vine serve as executive producers for Objective Productions.
By his own admission, Derren Brown has no paranormal ability; he is not a psychic or medium. Instead, he uses a mixture of suggestion, psychology, misdirection and showmanship to uncannily predict and control human behavior.
In the premiere episode of Mind Control, Derren demonstrates his astounding gift with a number of unsuspecting subjects.
- In New Jersey's Palisades Mall, more than 300 shoppers simultaneously stop cold in their tracks and raise their right arms reacting to a seemingly innocuous shopping announcement made by Derren over the public address system.
- While shopping in New York City, Derren uses blank white paper to purchase fish, groceries, and a 4,500 dollar platinum ring with ease.
- By simply approaching random people on the street and asking for directions, Derren gets them to willingly hand over their car keys and wallets.
- By asking a few innocuous questions, Derren is able to determine, within one dollar, how much several strangers on the street have in their wallets.
- Derren meets three single women at a club and is able to sense and deliver the pick-up line that works for each one.
Dont't forget to also check out: Derren Brown: Mind Control