TV fans lost one of the most memorable small screen icons of all time in 2012, when beloved actor Larry Hagman passed away at the age of 81. The actor was best known for playing J.R. Ewing in the original Dallas, but he was introduced to a new generation with TNT's Dallas, where he reprised his nefarious role. To celebrate the Dallas: The Complete Second Season DVD release, which debuted on February 11, we have an exclusive featurette where cast members share their favorite Larry Hagman memories.
J.R. Ewing (Larry Hagman), one of the most iconic television villains of all time, takes his last breath under very suspicious circumstances but not before stirring up a season's worth of Texas-size trouble. J.R. deviously guides his son, John Ross (Josh Henderson), in stealing the family business from Christopher (Jesse Metcalfe) and Bobby (Julie Gonzalo), while the ladies take their own sides. Sue Ellen (Linda Gray) runs for governor, Ann (Brenda Strong) takes aim at her ex, Harris (Mitch Pileggi), and Pamela (Julie Gonzalo) and Elena (Jordana Brewster) prove that being beautiful and fighting dirty sometimes go hand in hand. Plus, Elena's brother, Drew (Kuno Becker), and Ann's long-lost daughter, Emma (Emma Bell), add their own agendas to life at Southfork. It's a season of must-see drama and even though J.R. and his Stetson are laid to rest, he's still calling the shots, bequeathing a legacy he calls his masterpiece, which leaves the normally unshakable Ewing family in shock.
- Memories of Larry Hagman: A Cast and Crew Tribute: An intimate look at how Larry Hagman impacted the lives of his cast and crew as they share their favorite and personal memories of the man who made J.R., and Dallas, famous around the world.
- - The Battle for Ewing Energies: Blood is Thicker Than Oil : Explore how the death of J.R. - the head of the family, and the heart of Dallas - rippled through every character and storyline of Season 2.
- - Dallas Fashion Files
- - J.R.'s Masterpiece: Extended Cut Episode: Extended cut of the pivotal J.R. funeral episode, as the show buries one of TV's most memorable characters.
- - Dallas at Paley Fest 2013: Cast and creative team panel at Paley Fest 2013
- - One Last Conversation with Larry Hagman: In this unedited interview with Larry Hagman, he discusses the launch of the new Dallas
- - Deleted Scenes