Director Neill Blomkamp takes fans behind-the-scenes with our exclusive featurette from Elysium, which debuts on Blu-ray and DVD December 17. Matt Damon stars as Max, a blue-collar worker who is desperate to get up to the elite space colony dubbed Elysium, to get the life-saving treatment he needs. Standing in his way is Kruger (Sharlto Copley), a highly-trained agent who will do anything to prevent a security breach. This exclusive video features footage from Max and Kruger's big fight scene, along with director Neill Blomkamp breaking down both these characters' fighting styles.
In the year 2154, two classes of people exist: the very wealthy, who live on a pristine man-made space station called Elysium, and the rest who live in an overpopulated, ruined Earth. Secretary Delacourt (Jodie Foster) will stop at nothing to preserve the luxurious lifestyle of the citizens of Elysium - but that doesn't stop the people of Earth from trying to get in by any means they can. Max (Matt Damon) agrees to take on a life threatening mission, one that could bring equality these polarized worlds.
Related: New Elysium Clip and TV Spot
- Extended Scene
- - Visions of 2154 - An interactive exploration of the art and design of Elysium.
- - Envisioning Elysium - This pre-production diary explores all facets of pre-production
- - Capturing Elysium - With production in Vancouver, Mexico, and on huge green screen stages, the challenge of filming was nothing short of massive. The filmmakers and cast discuss the journey through the film's production.
- - Enhancing Elysium - This post-production diary explores the editing process
- - In Support of Story: The Visual Effects of Elysium - An in-depth look at the process of shooting visual effects scenes and incorporating CGI environments and vehicles into those scenes in post-production.
- - The Technology of 2154 - From independently functioning Droids to next-generation military tech that gives humans machine-enhanced power, get insight from the filmmakers on the technology of Elysium.
- - Collaboration: Crafting the Performances in Elysium- Meet the dynamic cast and get insight into how they prepared for their roles.
- - Engineering Utopia: Creating a Society in the Sky - A look at designing and creating the utopian space station.