We have a brand new exclusive special feature clip from the upcoming high-def release Gods and Generals, which will be released in an Extended Director's Cut Blu-ray on May 24, which coincides with the upcoming Memorial Day holiday and the 150th Anniversary of the Civil War. Click on the video player below for an interview with Robert Duvall where he reveals he is related to Confederate leader General Robert E. Lee.
Reedited from beginning to end with amplified scenes and an added subplot, this all-new 2-Disc Extended Director's Cut of Ronald F. Maxwell's Gettysburg prequel restores his original vision of the fierce allegiances and combat of the early American Civil War. From Jeffrey M. Shaara's bestseller, this commemorative release coinciding with the 150th anniversary of the North/South conflict incorporates an hour of footage never seen before. The story of actor and future Presidential assassin John Wilkes Booth (Chris Conner) is newly integrated throughout the narrative alongside the legendary heroism of Joshua Chamberlain (Jeff Daniels), "Stonewall" Jackson (Stephen Lang) and Robert E. Lee (Robert Duvall). And the battle of Antietam is now included along with the fateful clashes at Manassas, Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville.
- New Extended Director's Cut Commentary
- - Original Theatrical Cut Commentary
- - New Intro by Ted Turner & Ronald F. Maxwell
- - 3 Featurettes
- - Journey to the Past: African-American Slave Experience
- - The Authenticities of the Film
- - The Life of Thomas" Stonewall" Jackson
- - Cross the Green Mount - Music Video by Bob Dylan
- - Ronald F. Maxwell's Invitation to Take the Journey Through Hallowed Ground