Actress and executive producer Roma Downey reveals the story behind how they cast Diogo Morgado as Jesus Christ in our exclusive featurette for The Bible, debuting on Blu-ray and DVD April 2. This 10-hour mini-series, narrated by Keith David, explores the Good Book from Genesis all the way through Revelation. Take a look at our exclusive video to see how one of Diogo Morgado's past auditions lead to him portraying the son of God in this critically-acclaimed series.
Breathtaking in scope and scale, The Bible features powerful performances, exotic locales and dazzling visual effects that breathe spectacular life into the dramatic tales of faith and courage from Genesis through Revelation. This historic television event is sure to entertain and inspire millions across the globe.
Narrated by Emmy winning actor Keith David, The Bible features a stunning international cast including Portuguese actor, Diogo Morgado as Jesus Christ and beloved actress, Roma Downey as Mother Mary. And for the first time since their award winning collaboration on Gladiator, Oscar and Grammy winning composer Hans Zimmer reunites with acclaimed vocalist Lisa Gerrard to create the majestic musical backdrop for this epic production.
- The Bible: Genesis - With Mark Burnett and Roma Downey as our guides, we discover how the team approached the daunting task of filming the stories of the Bible
- - The Cast of The Bible - Highlighting the international cast, we join Mark and Roma on their search for the perfect actors to bring the characters from the Bible to life
- - The Bible: Creation - An emotional three-part journey through the making of THE BIBLE
- - Creation I: The Vision, The Look - Discover the vision of producers Roma Downey and Mark Burnett in this behind-the-scenes look at how The Bible was created including the incredible team, beautiful location, high-quality production and superb costume design
- - Creation II: Production Stories - An exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the challenges faced by the production - including the supernatural experiences with snakes on set - plus Diogo's approach to portraying who he has called the most complex figure in human history
- - Creation III: Crucified & Resurrected - A deeper look into the emotional filming of the crucifixion, resurrection and the last days in Morocco
- - Scoring The Bible - A rare look into the recording session for the soundtrack of The Bible with genius composer Hans Zimmer and award-winning soloist Lisa Gerrard
- - Believing in Miracles - The cast and crew relive the magical moments that happened while filming in the deserts of Morocco
- - The Bible: Visual Effects - A montage of the striking visual effects that make The Bible the most high-quality Biblical epic of all time