Tower Heist is headlined by an all-star cast that includes Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy, Casey Affleck, Alan Alda, Matthew Broderick, Michael Peña, and Gabourey Sidibe. The comedy comes to Blu-ray and DVD this Tuesday, February 21st. To celebrate, we have an exclusive look at the special features with "How They Met", a featurette that chronicles director Brett Ratner and producer Brian Grazer's 25 year relationship in the business. Check it out below.
When the staff of New York City's most expensive and luxurious condominium discovers that the billionaire investment advisor living in the penthouse has plundered their retirement fund, they take matters into their own hands in a "downright fun, comic caper" (Mike Scott, Times Picayune). Convinced that light-fingered Wall Street Titan Arthur Shaw (Alan Alda) has stashed his ill-gotten millions in his apartment, building manager Josh Kovacs (Ben Stiller) rallies his troops and enlists the help of small-time thief Slide (Eddie Murphy) to make sure they get back what's rightfully theirs. These rookie thieves - including high-strung concierge Charlie (Casey Affleck), broke ex-Wall Streeter Mr. Fitzhugh (Matthew Broderick), new bellhop Dev'Reaux (Michael Peña) and feisty maid Odessa (Gabourey Sidibe) - know the building better than anyone. It turns out they've been casing the place for years...they just didn't know it.
Bonus features that appear on the both the Blu-ray and DVD versions include:
- Two Alternate Endings - not seen in theatres!
- - Hilarious Deleted & Alternate Scenes
- - Gag Reel
- - Plotting Tower Heist - Following the structure of a classic caper movie in three acts, director Brett Ratner, producer Brian Grazer and the entire cast bring this heist film to a whole new level. Viewers will learn how the project started, as well as meet the screenwriters and cast. This exclusive feature reveals the secrets of the set design, special effects and more, including what it took to create the iconic sequence involving Steve McQueen's car!
- - Feature Commentary with director Brett Ratner, editor Mark Helfrich and co-writers Ted Griffin & Jeff Nathanson
The following features are exclusive to Blu-ray:
- Tower Heist Video Diary - Director Brett Ratner takes fans through the filmmaking process with these personal video production diaries from the set.
- - U-Control:
- - Picture-in-Picture - featuring pre-visualization and storyboard comparisons of some the film's most exciting scenes.
- - The Music of Tower Heist
- - pocket Blu App: The popular free pocket Blu app for smartphones is now even better with newly updated versions for iPad, Android tablets, PC and Macintosh computers, with features made especially to take advantage of the devices' larger screens and high resolution displays.
- - Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live functions with ease.
- - Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
- - Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- - Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket Blu-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- - Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device's intuitive keyboard.
And with Universal's Second Screen, viewers can enjoy an innovative and interactive viewing experience, that allows them to control, interact and explore Tower Heist with groundbreaking new features right on a networked tablet or computer, in synchronization with the movie on the television screen! While the movie plays, experience features such as:
- Flick View: Interact with the movie; move content from the Tablet to the TV screen; and compare storyboards, animatics and other executing content by "Flicking" them from on their tablet to their TV screen, simply by gesturing their fingers upwards on their tablets.
- - Behind the Scenes w/Flick View: Viewers get an all access look at the making of the film featuring interviews with cast and crew.
- - Storyboards w/Flick View: Viewers will be able to take a closer look at the storyboards created for some of the amazing sequences in the film.
- - The Music of Tower Heist - Songs from the Tower Heist soundtrack are highlighted with the option to add to a playlist and purchase.
- - BD-Live - Access the BD-Live Center through your Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers, exclusive content, and more!