We have an exclusive clip from the recent DVD Mitzi Gaynor: Razzle Dazzle! The Special Years, which can be found on the DVD shelves now. Click below for our exclusive clip which shows how Mitzi Gaynor worked her way to the top of the showbiz ladder.
The undeniable glamour of Mitzi Gaynor comes home in this documentary produced to celebrate the fortieth anniversary of her first televised special (Mitzi) and the fiftieth anniversary of her Golden Globe nominated performance in the 1958 film South Pacific. Interviews with comedy legend Rob Reiner, Emmy winning costume designer Bob Mackie, famed author and critic Rex Reed, Tony Award winner Kristin Chenowith, director/choreographer Tony Charmoli, Gaynor herself, and more are inter-cut with footage of the longtime entertainer's most memorable performances from stage and screen. A conversation with Tony Award-nominee Kelli O'Hara highlights the ways in which Gaynor's unforgettable performance in South Pacific influenced her own take on the character of Nellie Forbush in the 2008 Tony Award-winning version of the classic Rodgers and Hammerstein production.
- 8 Full Length glittering musical performances (one from each Mitzi special)
- All New featurette: Mitzi & Mackie: Look Back In Fashion!
- Mitzi remembers the Beatles Outtake
- Mitzi is "The Kid": 2 Extended performances
- Mitzi's Late Show Movie Parody: Full-length comedy sequence from Mitzi's 1968 Special
- Mitzi & Friends salute Sondheim's Company