Universal Studios Home Entertainment has released the Blu-ray trailer for Fast & Furious 6, arriving on Blu-ray and DVD December 10th, just in time for the holiday season. The action sequel starring Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson will also be available for purchase on Digital HD starting November 19. Take a look at the trailer and official Blu-ray artwork, then read the press release with all the special features details.
Fast & Furious 6 Blu-ray
The latest blistering addition to one of Hollywood's greatest action-movie franchises, Fast & Furious 6, roars into the holiday season as the unbeatable choice for "Highest-Octane action yet!" (Meriah Doty, Yahoo!) A transcontinental caper that reunites fan-favorite stars from the blockbuster franchise's earlier films, Fast & Furious 6 earned almost $800 million at the box office worldwide. Fast & Furious 6 comes to Blu-ray Combo Pack including Blu-ray, DVD & Digital HD with UltraViolet™ and On Demand on December 10, 2013, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film will also be available on Digital November 19, 2013. Found exclusively only on the Blu-ray is a special Extended version with even more intense action, as well as over an hour of exclusive behind-the-scenes bonus features, only available for a limited time in collectible Steel Book packaging
Fast veterans Vin Diesel (Riddick, xXx), Paul Walker (Takers, Flags of Our Fathers) and Dwayne Johnson (Pain & Gain, G.I. Joe Retaliation) lead an all-star cast that includes Jordana Brewster (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, Dallas), Tyrese Gibson (Transformers, Death Race), Chris "Ludacris" Bridges (Crash, RocknRolla), Sung Kang (Ninja Assassin, Live Free or Die Hard), John Ortiz (Silver Linings Playbook, American Gangster), Gal Gadot (Night and Day, Date Night), Elsa Pataky (All Things to All Men, The Wine of Summer) and, for the first time since 2009's Fast & Furious, Michelle Rodriguez (Resident Evil, Turbo), plus series newcomers Luke Evans (Immortals, The Three Musketeers) and MMA-champion Gina Carano (Haywire, Blood and Bone). Director Justin Lin and screenwriter Chris Morgan team up for their fourth Fast & Furious collaboration, hailed "Fun, entertaining and sexy" by Jake Hamilton of FOX-TV, and packed with "bigger fights, badder villains, bolder chases," according to Elizabeth Weitsman of The NY Daily News. Call **Fast 6 (**3278) from your mobile phone to get a special message from Vin Diesel plus an exclusive behind-the-scenes clip.*
The Blu-ray Combo Pack includes a Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet.
- Blu-ray disc unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6x the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- - DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- - Digital HD with UltraViolet lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download movies to watch on iPad, iPhone, Android, smart TVs, connected Blu-ray players, game consoles and more.
Bonus Features Exclusively on Blu-ray
- Extended Version of the Film
- - Take Control - Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez and director Justin Lin appear at key moments throughout the film, offering observations and reflections on the movie, behind-the-scenes footage and more.
- - Planes, Tanks and Automobiles
- - The London Chase - Gives viewers a front-row seat for the filming of a sprawling car chase through the streets of one of the world's most historic-and congested-cities. Examines how director Justin Lin and his team pulled off car-flipping mayhem on a breathtaking scale.
- - Highway Heist: The Convoy Attack - A first-hand account of a meticulously planned and executed action sequence, as Dominic's gang saves the day in this high-velocity battle featuring a tank, an armored cargo carrier and a harpoon.
- - The Antonov Takedown - An exploration of what went into creating Fast & Furious 6's spectacular finale sequence, featuring the world's largest plane, including first- and second-unit filming, special effects, visual effects, car rigging, stunt drivers, green-screen shooting and more.
- - Dom and Letty Race Again - Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez reunite on screen.
- - Gearhead's Delight - From the shop to the test track, to the set and back again, a look at the latest hot cars showcased in Fast & Furious 6. Narrated by car lover Paul Walker, this piece features Dom's latest Charger, Brian's Nissan Skyline GTR, the BMW M5's, the Alfa Romeo and the classic cars from the film's car-auction scene.
- - The FLIP Car - Provides an inside look at the Fast franchise's newest mind-blowing vehicle-the pivoting FLIP car. Dennis McCarthy, the film's picture car coordinator, will take us through the coolest parts of this truly astonishing vehicle, and the destruction it leaves in its wake.
- - Hand-to-Hand Fury - This jam-packed featurette offers viewers a detailed look at the rehearsals, choreography, stunt work and filming of some of Fast & Furious 6's most bone-jarring fight sequences.
Bonus Features on Blu-ray and DVD
- Deleted Scenes
- - The Making of Fast & Furious 6
- - The Fastest of Them All - Chronicles the epic saga of the Fast films from chapters three through six. Justin Lin and his team reveal how they brought new energy to the franchise, creating a dynamic multi-movie story arc.
- - Reuniting the Team - Explores the characters (and actors) that make up the Fast family, with a focus on founding partners Dom and Brian (and Vin and Paul).
- - Letty's Return - Heralded by a crowd-pleasing cliffhanger in Fast Five, Michelle Rodriguez ("Letty") makes a dramatic return in the sixth installment. This short feature explores how the creative team engineered her resurrection.
- - The Mastermind and The Mole - Viewers meet Fast "newbies" Luke Evans ("Shaw") and Gina Carano ("Riley") as they share their experience joining the cast of Fast & Furious 6 and how their characters fit into the new plot.
- - On the Set with Vin - Vin Diesel talks through a stunt he is about to perform and then rides his hot rod through an explosion, coming out unscathed.
- - Feature Commentary with Director Justin Lin
Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson and Michelle Rodriguez lead a cast of returning all-stars as the global blockbuster franchise built on speed delivers the biggest adrenaline rush yet in this explosive extended version. Hobbs (Johnson) has been tracking an organization of lethally skilled drivers, whose mastermind (Luke Evans) is aided by the love Dom (Diesel) thought was dead, Letty (Rodriguez). The only way to stop the criminal mercenaries from stealing a top secret weapon is to outmatch them at street level, so Hobbs asks for the help of Dom and his elite team. Payment for the ultimate chase? Full pardons for all of them and a chance to make their families whole again.