Mondays are going to be hell for the 12 would-be restaurateurs trying to impress world-renowned chef Gordon Ramsay. And to add fuel to the fire ... it's the men versus the women when the third serving of the sizzling unscripted series Hell's Kitchen premieres Monday, June 4 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
A former pro-soccer-player-turned-Michelin-starred-chef, Ramsay has conquered London's haute cuisine scene and recently opened his first U.S. restaurant, Gordon Ramsay at the London, in New York City. Now he's back to discover - or create - America's next culinary star.
The heat is on and the "steaks" are high as the contestants endure Ramsay's hellishly intense culinary boot camp for a chance to win the grand prize and opportunity of a lifetime - the coveted title of Head Chef at a new fine Italian restaurant at the luxurious Green Valley Ranch Resort, Spa and Casino in Las Vegas. Green Valley Ranch is the sister-luxury property of the Red Rock Casino, Resort and Spa, where Hell's Kitchen Season Two winner Heather West is currently working as senior chef at Terra Rossa restaurant.
Each week Ramsay will grill the ambitious hopefuls as they attempt to prove they have what it takes to run their own restaurant. He will slice and dice the contestants, keeping only those who possess the right combination of ingredients to ensure success. The contestants' inexperience, combined with the perfectionist Ramsay's acid tongue, may be a recipe for disaster, but for one aspiring restaurateur it's the chance of a lifetime. In this pressure-cooker environment, only one thing is certain: if the contestants can't stand the heat, they'll have to get out of Hell's Kitchen.
The 12 Hell's Kitchen contestants are:
• Aaron, 48, a retirement home chef from Palos Verdes, CA
• Brad, 25, a sous chef from Scottsdale, AZ
• Eddie, 28, a grill cook from Atlanta, GA
• Josh, 26, a junior sous chef from Miami Beach, FL
• Rock, 30, an executive chef from Spotsylvania, VA
• Vinnie, 29, a night club chef from Milltown, NJ
• Bonnie, 26, a nanny/personal chef from Los Angeles, CA
• Jen, 26, a pastry chef from Hazelton, PA
• Joanna, 22, a chef's assistant from Detroit, MI
• Julia, 28, a short-order cook from Atlanta, GA
• Melissa, 29, a line cook from New York, NY
• Tiffany, 27, a kitchen manager from Scottsdale, AZ