Back in August 2015, we reported that The CW Network has picked up a new Friday the 13th TV series, with The Pretender creators Steven Long Mitchell and Craig W. Van Sickle coming aboard to write the pilot script. We haven't heard anything about the project since then, but with the network's upfront presentation coming next month, don't expect to hear about this series moving forward any further. Today we have a new report that claims The CW has halted plans to bring Jason Voorhees to the network.

We first reported on the series back in 2014, when Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films and Crystal Lake Entertainment signed on to develop the series, with special effects artists Bill Basso (Terminator 2: Judgment Day) and Jordu Schell (Avatar) coming aboard to write the script. That incarnation of the show was said to feature Jason Voorhees through multiple time periods. When Steven Long Mitchell and Craig W. Van Sickle came aboard, the plot was said to center on a detective who has been searching for his missing brother. His brother's disappearance is believed to tie into the re-emergence of Jason Voorhees, who was long thought to be dead but is know wreaking havoc once again in Crystal Lake. According to Bloody-Disgusting, their source "pizowell" claims that the network wasn't on board with the concept. Here's what "pizowell" had to say below.

RELATED: Jason and Friends 80s Retro Intro Imagines a Friday the 13th Cartoon of Your Dreams
"So what happened? According to my source, the network didn't jibe with the concept for the series. What was the concept? Apparently, that's the problem. After months of development, there was still no real concept for the series, causing network execs to re-think bringing Friday the 13th (back) to the small screen."

Sean S. Cunningham, who directed the original Friday the 13th movie back in 1980, was set to executive produce alongside Steven Long Mitchell and Craig W. Van Sickle, Randall Emmett, George Furla and Mark Canton. The news may not be too surprising though, since The CW passed on all of their horror pilots last year, including Joe Hill's Tales From the Darkside and Cheerleader Death Squad. While this report hasn't been confirmed by The CW quite yet, if it does prove to be true, then it's possible that the show may be shopped to different networks.

Paramount is also planning a Friday the 13th remake that is currently set for release on January 13, 2017. No cast members have been attached at this time, and it isn't known when production is scheduled to begin, especially since the project just lost director David Bruckner, who has been attached to the project for the past two years. The movie reboot has been in the works since 2011, but Paramount has pushed the release several times over the past few years.