You can relive one of television's most exciting new dramas once again, right before the second season premieres. Fringe: The Complete First Season will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on September 8. This seven-disc set will include all 20 episodes of the first season and the DVD set will be priced at $59.98 SRP while the Blu-ray set will be priced at $79.98 SRP and you can take a look at the cover art for both releases below. The series stars Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson and John Noble.
Fringe Season 1 DVD Set
Fringe Season 1 DVD Set
From J.J. Abrams (Lost), Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (the team behind Star Trek, Mission: Impossible III and Alias) and executive producers Jeff Pinkner and Bryan Burk (both of Lost and Alias), Fringe revolves around three unlikely colleagues - a beautiful, young and determined FBI agent (Anna Torv), a brilliant but off-the-wall scientist (John Noble), and his sardonic, roguish son (Joshua Jackson) - who team up to investigate a series of peculiar deaths and disasters known as "The Pattern." The trio suspects that someone is using the world as a laboratory. And many of the clues lead them to Massive Dynamic, a shadowy global corporation that may be more powerful than any nation. Season 1 also starred Lance Reddick, Kirk Acevedo, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and Mark Valley. Fringe is from Bad Robot Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.
- Evolution: The Genesis of Fringe featurette - The creators of the show discuss how the series unfolded and the qualities that make it so unique
- - Behind the Real Science of Fringe featurette - From teleportation to re-animation, Fringe incorporates recent discoveries in science. Consulting experts and scientists who are the authorities in their field address the areas of science which are the inspiration for the show.
- - A Massive Undertaking: The Making of Fringe (on select episodes) - An in-depth exploration of how select episodes came to be made: from the frozen far reaches of shooting the pilot in Toronto, to the weekly challenges of bringing episodes to air
- - The Casting of Fringe- The story, as told by producers and cast, of how Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble and others came to be cast in the series.
- - Fringe Visual Effects featurette - Goes deep into the creation of the shared dream state with some of the biggest VFX shots of the show.
- - Dissected Files: Unaired Scenes
- - Unusual Side Effects: Gag Reel
- - Deciphering the Scene
- - Roberto Orci Production Diary
- - Gene the Cow montage
- - Three Full-Length Commentaries from writers/producers, including J.J. Abrams, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtman, J.R. Orci, David Goodman, Bryan Burk, Akiva Goldsman and Jeff Pinkner
- - Fringe Pattern Analysis - Take a closer look at 6 select scenes from Season 1 with experts who dissect each scene with notes, photos, and diagrams. (Blu-ray only)
- - BD-Live enabled features include Media Center, My Commentary, and commentary on Season 1 finale episode (Blu-ray only)