You can relive one of television's most exciting new dramas once again, right before the second season premieres. Fringe: The Complete First Season will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on September 8. This seven-disc set will include all 20 episodes of the first season and the DVD set will be priced at $59.98 SRP while the Blu-ray set will be priced at $79.98 SRP and you can take a look at the cover art for both releases below. The series stars Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson and John Noble.
From J.J. Abrams (Lost), Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (the team behind Star Trek, Mission: Impossible III and Alias) and executive producers Jeff Pinkner and Bryan Burk (both of Lost and Alias), Fringe revolves around three unlikely colleagues - a beautiful, young and determined FBI agent (Anna Torv), a brilliant but off-the-wall scientist (John Noble), and his sardonic, roguish son (Joshua Jackson) - who team up to investigate a series of peculiar deaths and disasters known as "The Pattern." The trio suspects that someone is using the world as a laboratory. And many of the clues lead them to Massive Dynamic, a shadowy global corporation that may be more powerful than any nation. Season 1 also starred Lance Reddick, Kirk Acevedo, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and Mark Valley. Fringe is from Bad Robot Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.
- Evolution: The Genesis of Fringe featurette - The creators of the show discuss how the series unfolded and the qualities that make it so unique
- - Behind the Real Science of Fringe featurette - From teleportation to re-animation, Fringe incorporates recent discoveries in science. Consulting experts and scientists who are the authorities in their field address the areas of science which are the inspiration for the show.
- - A Massive Undertaking: The Making of Fringe (on select episodes) - An in-depth exploration of how select episodes came to be made: from the frozen far reaches of shooting the pilot in Toronto, to the weekly challenges of bringing episodes to air
- - The Casting of Fringe- The story, as told by producers and cast, of how Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble and others came to be cast in the series.
- - Fringe Visual Effects featurette - Goes deep into the creation of the shared dream state with some of the biggest VFX shots of the show.
- - Dissected Files: Unaired Scenes
- - Unusual Side Effects: Gag Reel
- - Deciphering the Scene
- - Roberto Orci Production Diary
- - Gene the Cow montage
- - Three Full-Length Commentaries from writers/producers, including J.J. Abrams, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtman, J.R. Orci, David Goodman, Bryan Burk, Akiva Goldsman and Jeff Pinkner
- - Fringe Pattern Analysis - Take a closer look at 6 select scenes from Season 1 with experts who dissect each scene with notes, photos, and diagrams. (Blu-ray only)
- - BD-Live enabled features include Media Center, My Commentary, and commentary on Season 1 finale episode (Blu-ray only)