The mystery of the universe(s) deepens and two worlds collide with the release of Fringe: The Complete Third Season from Warner Home Video (WHV). The critically acclaimed third season of television's most thrilling sci-fi series features 22 mind-bending episodes with over three hours of brand new special features, including a Blu-rayTM exclusive featurette andfree download offer for an HD digital copy of all 22 episodes. Recently renewed for a fourth season on Fox, Fringe (Fridays 9/8c) continues to be a solid hit among fans and critics. Fringe: The Complete Third Season comes to DVD and Blu-ray for the first time September 6, 2011 for $59.98/$69.97 SRP.
Fringe: The Complete Third Season Blu-ray
Fringe: The Complete Third Season DVD
Immersive. Compelling. Hypnotic. Brilliantly imaginative. Endlessly thrilling. Pick your term. The Fringe team escapes from the parallel universe - except for Olivia, trapped in the other world and replaced in ours by her double, who turns Peter and Olivia's tentative relationship into a love affair. Then Olivia returns, bonds of trust fray, ever more bizarre and terrifying phenomena occur, and secrets that stretch back to 1985 threaten to destroy our universe. Or theirs.
"Following the series' recent renewal for a fourth season, Warner Home Video is thrilled to release Fringe: The Complete Third Season on DVD and Blu-ray" said Rosemary Markson, WHV Vice President, TV and Special Interest Marketing. "This year, in addition to two and a half hours of never-before-seen special features, our Blu-ray release will feature exclusive content, including 45-minutes of maximum episode mode content on "Glimmer to the Other Side" and a free HD digital copy offer for all 22 episodes, not to mention premium quality 1080p video and DTS-HD 5.1 (lossless) audio."
Created by J.J. Abrams (Lost, Star Trek, Alias), Roberto Orci (Hawaii Five-0, Star Trek, Alias) and Alex Kurtzman (Hawaii Five-0, Star Trek, Alias), Fringe stars Anna Torv (The Pacific), Joshua Jackson (Dawson's Creek), Lance Reddick (Lost, The Wire), Blair Brown (Altered States), Jasika Nicole (She's Out of My League) and John Noble (The Lord of The Rings films). Fringe is produced by Bad Robot Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television and its executive producers include Abrams, Bryan Burk (Star Trek, Lost), Jeff Pinkner (Lost, Alias), J.H. Wyman (The Mexican, Keen Eddie) and Joe Chappelle (CSI: Miami, The Wire).
DVD and Blu-ray Special Features Include:
- Duality of Worlds: Four featurettes exploring The Other You, Visualizing an Alternate World, A Machine of Destiny and The Psychology of Duality
- - Animating the Lysergic Acid Diethylamide Episode
- - Constructing an Extrasensory Soundscape
- - Blu-ray Exclusive - Glimmer to the Other Side - Experience "Os" in Selectable Maximum Episode Mode with Pop-Up Experience-Enhancing Commentaries and Featurettes
- - Commentary on The Plateau with writer Monica Breen, executive producer Jeff Pinkner and paranormal author Timothy Good
- - Commentary on Lysergic Acid Diethylamide with Fringe insiders Jay Worth, Luyen Vu, and Tanya Swerling
- - Unusual Side Effects: Gag Reel