Gods & Generals: On July 15, experience the heroism and tragedy of a nation divided as Warner Home Video (WHV) releases Gods & Generals, a rousing and profoundly touching epic about the early years of America's fierce Civil War, based on Jeff Shaara's New York Times' best-seller. A prequel to the acclaimed film Gettysburg, Gods & Generals is available for the first time on DVD with a two-sided DVD 18 disc in widescreen format for $27.98 SRP. The double cassette VHS edition is available for $22.99 SRP.
Robert Duvall, Jeff Daniels and Stephen Lang star in this grand epic about the life and heroism of General Robert E. Lee, Colonel Joshua Chamberlain and General Stonewall Jackson during the first two years of America's Civil War.
DVD special features that will command viewers' attention include:
* Introduction by Ted Turner.
* Journey to the Past (BET special).
* The Authenticities of the Film.
* The Life of Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson.
* Commentary by director Ron Maxwell; Colonel Keith E. Gibson, Executive Director of the Virginia Military Institute Museum; and James I. Robertson Jr., Alumni Distinguished Professor of History at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Viewers can either play all of the scenes that have commentary or play individual scenes with commentary.
* Bob Dylan's "Cross the Green Mountain" music video.
* Mary Fahl's "Going Home" music video.
* DVD-ROM enabled.
* Feature film available in English and French; subtitles available in English, French and Spanish.
"WHV is proud to bring the courage and tragedy of the Civil War to life with the home video release of Gods & Generals," said Mike Saksa, WHV Senior Vice President, U.S. Marketing. "The wide range of DVD special features enhance the viewing experience and make it a truly authentic epic saga." To coincide with the DVD release of Gods & Generals, WHV offers the DVD debut of the television movie Andersonville, a powerful tale of inmates of the notorious Georgia prison at the height of the Civil War, based on MacKinley Kantor's novel. Andersonville, which garnered director John Frankenheimer an Emmy®, available in widescreen format on DVD for $19.98 SRP.
As an added incentive for Civil War film buffs, consumers who buy Gods & Generals and Andersonville will receive a free DVD of Red Badge of Courage (plus $3.25 in shipping and handling). In addition, consumers who purchase Gods and Generals on DVD or VHS and the Gods and Generals soundtrack are eligible for a $3.00 mail-in rebate. Promotion details are subject to change.