Goodfellas comes to Blu-rayYou can help celebrate Martin Scorsese's classic 1990 film when it gets a brand new Blu-ray edition this coming February. Goodfellas will be released in a brand new 20th Anniversary DigiBook Blu-ray edition on February 16. This new edition will be priced at $34.99 SRP, but we don't have any cover art as of yet. It was also said that this new edition will include a 34-page book with photos and facts from the film. The film stars Robert De Niro, Ray Liotta, Joe Pesci and Lorraine Brocco.
Based on Nicholas Pileggi's book Wiseguy, Martin Scorsese's Goodfellas is a wry, violent, and exhilarating film about the life of Henry Hill, an aspiring criminal who ends up in the FBI?s witness protection program after testifying against his former partners. As a poor Irish-Italian growing up in 1950s New York City, Hill rises through the ranks of his Brooklyn neighborhood's organized crime branch, and with money from the mob he begins living the good life, complete with a beautiful bride, Karen (Lorraine Brocco), a fancy home, and the best seats at the most exclusive restaurants. A botched robbery lands Henry in prison for a brief period of time, and when he gets released, his reckless infidelities and drug abuse damage his associations with his adopted family.
- Cast and Crew Commentary with Martin Scorsese, Ray Liotta, Lorraine Bracco, Paul Sorvino, Frank Vincent, Co-Screenwriter Nicholas Pileggi, Producers Irwin Winkler and Barbara De Fina, Cinematographer
- Michael Ballhaus and Editor Thelma Schoonmaker
- - Cop and Crook with Henry Hill and Former FBI Agent Edward McDonald
- - Getting Made featurette
- - Made Men: The GoodFelllas Legacy featurette
- - The Workaday Gangster featurette
- - Paper Is Cheaper Than Film: Storyboard-to-Screen Comparisons
- - Theatrical Trailer
- - DVD DOCUMENTARY
- - Mob of Classic Gangster-Themed Cartoons: I Like Mountain Music, She Was an Acrobat's Daughter, Racketeer Rabbit and Bugs and Thugs