Harrison Ford, 64, said at the inaugural Rome Film Festival on Friday that he feels "fit to continue" to play Indiana Jones despite growing older, according to The Associated Press. Ford added that he is delighted to team up again with directors Steven Spielberg and George Lucas for the film. Lucas co-wrote and executive produced the earlier films, which Spielberg directed.
"We did three films that stay within the same block of time. We need to move on for artistic reasons and obvious physical reasons," Ford said at a news conference. "I feel fit to continue and bring the same physical action."
Lucas has said he and Spielberg, who would direct, are working on a script, though no details have been disclosed.
In the last film, 1989's Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade, Jones' father was played by Sean Connery, who Ford said might also appear in the planned fourth feature.
"He's part of the emotional fabric of these films. I think there may be an opportunity, I believe that Sean is still willing and I'd be delighted if he joined us," said Ford.
Connery, who attended the Rome event last week, has said that no offer had been made.
Ford adding that the directors were not yet finished with the script.
Dont't forget to also check out: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull