Harry Potter & The Chamber Of Secrets: Loaded DVD Includes Never-Before-Seen Footage, Exclusive Interviews and Much More!
BURBANK, CA (January 21, 2003) On April 11, unlock the magic as Warner Home Video (WHV) releases the $260* million smash, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on an extra features-loaded double disc DVD and on VHS. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, the second installment in the Harry Potter series, follows Harry, Ron and Hermione through their second year at Hogwarts School. The DVD delivers another adventure with more magic, more laughs and more thrills and with 19 additional/extended scenes, self-guided tours including background characters, an exclusive interview with author J.K. Rowling and screenwriter Steve Kloves and all-new interactive challenges.
The home video release of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets extends the movie experience with more exciting DVD features than ever before, said Mike Saksa, WHV head of U.S. Marketing. With special features such as crystal-clear, self-guided tours and One VoiceDVD technology that allows users to magically control their computers with their voices, the DVD offers fans the ultimate Harry Potter experience.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets will also be released on DVD and VHS in key territories such as the United Kingdom, Germany and Australia on April 11, 2003.
The Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets loaded, two-disc DVD will cast a spell on fans everywhere with magical features including the following:
* 19 additional/extended scenes, including more Dobby mischief, more flying car adventure, a frightening encounter with the Malfoys in Borgin and Burkes and much more!
* Crystal-clear, self-guided tours, which for the first time include background characters, let viewers have an up-close experience, allowing them to linger on the details of the Chamber of Secrets, Dumbledores office and Diagon Alley including places never shown in the film such as more Diagon Alley shops, the sitting room in Dumbledores office and more!
* Interviews with Daniel Radcliffe (Harry), Rupert Grint (Ron), Emma Watson (Hermione) and other cast members who talk about making the film, favorite scenes, what their friends think and more.
* An exclusive interview with author J.K. Rowling and screenwriter Steve Kloves about rendering the adventure to the screen.
* Fun-filled activities allow viewers to escape the Forbidden Forest, sneak into the Chamber and more.
* Visit Lockharts class, and get a closer look at his photos and memorabilia through the use of still galleries.
* Feature film available in English and Spanish; subtitles available in English, French and Spanish.
The DVD-ROM has more than 15 special features including the following:
* The One VoiceDVD technology will allow users to navigate through the DVD-ROM features and access set top features using only their voices, giving kids the illusion of a magical experience interacting with the DVD.
* An animated, interactive Hogwarts timeline provides important dates in Hogwarts history with mini pop-up videos from the Harry Potter films.
* A slider puzzle challenge featuring motion video.
* Printable magic trading cards to collect and share with friends.
* Jigsaw puzzles, matching challenges, downloadable screensavers and much more!
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets grossed more than $88 million in its opening weekend, the third largest opening 3-day weekend of all time just behind Spider-Man and Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone.
Dont't forget to also check out: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets